Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan SLI!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fowingman

So whats the deal I hear from a few pncl pilots in the airport that they feel that the pilots of Mesaba should be stapled on the bottom of the list, or a 3:1 , or a 5:1. is this the view of a lot of people at pncl?

Of course there is a very small group that wants a staple. I wouldn't even call them a group, more like a few random individuals. The fact of the matter is we can all want something, but it's in the arbitrators hands now and we live with the results.

I love how one of these threads comes up every once in a while for no reason what so ever. There are a few pinnacle pilots that want both groups stapled to the bottom

There are also a few mesaba pilots that want pinnacle stapled below them

there are also a few colgan pilots that want both groups stapled below them.

Then there is the overwelming majority of all 3 groups that just want the arbitrator to get off his behind and make the damn decision already so we can just all move on

I love how one of these threads comes up every once in a while for no reason what so ever. There are a few pinnacle pilots that want both groups stapled to the bottom

There are also a few mesaba pilots that want pinnacle stapled below them

there are also a few colgan pilots that want both groups stapled below them.

Then there is the overwelming majority of all 3 groups that just want the arbitrator to get off his behind and make the damn decision already so we can just all move on

Agreed

I heard the Pncl merger committee was dead set on a staple. Sounds like it's a larger minority in this boat than previously thought.

Hey Higney,
Why the discrepancy in XJ/9L releasing statement saying they were trying to organize a negotiation meeting on the 18th, but 9E was unresponsive. Then 4 days later on the 22nd 9E releases a statement saying XJ/9L were unresponsive in 9E proposal to set a meeting. Something's amiss here and someone is not stating the truth to their pilot group.

Hey Higney,
Why the discrepancy in XJ/9L releasing statement saying they were trying to organize a negotiation meeting on the 18th, but 9E was unresponsive. Then 4 days later on the 22nd 9E releases a statement saying XJ/9L were unresponsive in 9E proposal to set a meeting. Something's amiss here and someone is not stating the truth to their pilot group.

Not sure what you are talking about with 9E releasing a statement on the 22nd. No such statement exists. I havent heard that 9L has said anything on the matter either. So far, it just looks like the XJ MEC is trying to stir the pot.

Not sure what you are talking about with 9E releasing a statement on the 22nd. No such statement exists. I havent heard that 9L has said anything on the matter either. So far, it just looks like the XJ MEC is trying to stir the pot.

If by "stirring the pot" you mean "trying to get a deal done before one is forced upon us", then yes, they are probably "stirring the pot".

It is just hearsay, but I was told by a 9E pilot that an email was sent out to 9E pilots on April 22nd stating that they had contacted the the arbitrator and expressed interest in negotiating during arbitration, but had not had any contact with the XJ/9L negotiators. Yet XJ/9L pilots were advised 4 days earlier on the 18th via email (I got it, so this is a fact), that they had tried to contact the 9E negotiators to set a meeting date/time, but that 9E was unresponsive to their requests.

So either the 9E pilot that I got this info from is wrong, or something is amiss in communications between the 3 groups. And if the latter is true, then 9E is standing by themselves in this process.

Latest resources

Back