• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful what you wish for line holders at Colgan are looking at 9 to 12 days off all the way up to number one on our list, Thanks Mesaba Crew Planners. That is why you will see mass exit from colgan into the jet side of the house.

I will gladly trade in my 19 day off 75-hour worthless SIC line for a Captain PIC line with 11 days off (should be 11 now with new contract).

I will gladly trade in my 19 day off 75-hour worthless SIC line for a Captain PIC line with 11 days off (should be 11 now with new contract).
I would also love one of those lines after I get displaced from my 200 CA slot just before I reach my 1000 hrs.

Be careful what you wish for line holders at Colgan are looking at 9 to 12 days off all the way up to number one on our list, Thanks Mesaba Crew Planners. That is why you will see mass exit from colgan into the jet side of the house.

Check the July and August '07 Colgan lines for the 1900, I think you'll find a number of similarities. Sounds like the top guys have more days off in your case though.

To be fair, I personally agree that the saab captain positions should have been treated the same as the other airframes with quotas.

I also think the Q400 Captain pay should have been between crj900 and crj200 pay.
Not less then the 200. That would keep the Colgan people from wanting to switch airplanes. We helped cause this shift that is about to happen with the next round of vacencies due to paying less on the Q400.

Its going to be a while before people end up in the plane and base that they want to stay in. More people will be displaced. Boston being rumered to close at CJC will also cause a large shift in pilots. Its going to be a bumpy ride till the majors start hiring.

Great, let't just quit farting around and file the bankruptcy papers now so we can get all this b.s. out of the way.

To be fair, I personally agree that the saab captain positions should have been treated the same as the other airframes with quotas.
9E believes that was the original intent. A Mesaba rep will tell you that Pinnacle is prohibited from holding Saab Captain for 5 years.

Colgan WILL close the BOS base by end of the year. PDT is already taking over one of the routes. Looks like more displacements....bummer

I also think the Q400 Captain pay should have been between crj900 and crj200 pay.
Not less then the 200. That would keep the Colgan people from wanting to switch airplanes. We helped cause this shift that is about to happen with the next round of vacencies due to paying less on the Q400.
Its going to be a while before people end up in the plane and base that they want to stay in. More people will be displaced.

There's something to be said for a single pay rate for all airplanes (like UPS), or a pay rate for what your seniority can hold regardless of what you actually fly (somebody does this-- Horizon maybe?). It sure would prevent people from bidding for aircraft; pilots would just bid for base & schedule.

Colgan WILL close the BOS base by end of the year. PDT is already taking over one of the routes. Looks like more displacements....bummer

what i don't understand is why piedmont can run those routes fee for departure of cjc can only get them pro rate. i'm pretty sure we can run them cheaper and as reliably as piedmont so what gives?

Latest resources

Back