• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is XJ over their quota on the -900? I see a few 9E -200 guys that got awarded ATL -900 CA and a couple 9E -900 CA's that got awarded MEM -900 CA.

It looks like it. A few Colgan guys got the 900 in ATL as well. I am not sure how the 200's are stacking up, but I imagine we are close to filling our fence if not already there.

Makes sense when you're primarily a turboprop operator, doesn't it? We've hitched our wagon to the ugly girl at the ball .. and the worst thing is: we bought her dinner, and she doesn't even put out.

Says a guy that comes from pretty much an all 200 fleet!

You are awesome.

Glad I had my last day at XJ/9E/9L on the 17th. Hope someone enjoys my DTW 900 spot. Good luck to everyone on all sides!!

Ok, you have a slightly more a sh*t sandwich than I do. Around me, I'm one month above the Mesaba guy. Just a month.

for how many times my $hit sandwich was used I should be getting kickbacks! lol Anyways, I will not get on the PA as I am a 03' hire at mesaba and the only ones who got screwed more than me were mesaba 01 and 02 hires! They guy who wants me to get on the PA, let me say this, I would have kept my stripes as long as 1/2 of the 108 guys flowed-so I owe you nothing. What I also want you to get through your head is that in a few short years get ready for 150 or so crj200's leaving and that can be laid on your backs-good luck to all who are here when that happens. yes, the contract is up and I will be willing to bet delta parks them or gives them to Go jets or some similar place.

If Management was smart they would have tried to work a deal or just added jet captain positions and not displaced jet captains-I will have to look again at this crappy deal.

Some good news....I think. Boatload of DTW sf3 CA's were awarded the 200. Less pain later.

Last edited:
I'm lol!, it was great reading 5 pages of "sh!t sandwiches" vs "box of Kleenex tissues
:((" I might be bias but the Sh!t sandwiches are winning this one.

The way I look at it Pinnacle bought Mesaba for its 900's and doesn't really care about the other two fleets or even its own employees (How long without a new contract at 9e?). Sorry that the saabs are going away, and the 200's are a dime a dozen inefficient bird going away probably in 2017. For the long term health of Pinnacle Mesaba brought the most to the table. The way Pinnacle was being run you were probably due to lose as many of your own 200's as Mesaba has Saabs going away. You guys gained a lot with our contract and came out ahead on average with the seniority list. Our union and management are up to their shoulders in sh!t trying to figure out what the heck was going on over at 9e and how to get it back on track.

I think everyone agrees they don't want to be around to see what happens in 2017 when the 200's contract is up with Delta.

If it makes you feel better when I get displaced from the left seat I will not commute to take one of your coveted 200 captain slots in DTW or JFK. I will probably make my way to 900 FO in MSP so I can keep flying with Mesaba guys/gals.

Latest resources

Back