• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle MEC Chairman Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots who are terminated in connection with their union work are virtually always compensated by ALPA while they fight their termination, as they should be.

What union job was he doing exactly when he was terminated?

I have no beef with the pilot in question, but the way the union handled it was horrible..then swept it under the rug like it never happened.

I have never said one thing about the Chairman pay structure, maybe that was for someone else.

He held a high profile union position immediately prior to his termination. And it should be "swept under the rug," because discipline cases are private and not anyone else's business. You don't have a need to know about someone else's termination case.

High profile? He was a journeyman member of the Grievance Committee.
Nobody needed to know about his disciplinary case, but we should have been told that he was getting paid by the union because the MEC believed that he was terminated for because of his position within the union. That was swept under the rug. So let me get it straight..he was hired for the position of chief pilot, he filled the job for 30 days and he was terminated because he was so high profile in the union. Sorry...that does not add up.
Then, when the MEC finally figured out that they were being taken for a ride 18 months later, the resolutions to terminate his feather bed got swept under the rug.
Is this how you guys run your shop at Tranny?

And as someone who watched this farce unfold, you and that MEC were duped. In your zealousness to stick it to the man and use the pilot groups union dues to support a felon, and probably a friend of yours, you cost PCL pilots dearly. The person in question was not doing 'union work' when he was terminated; he had reccently accepted a position within management, and therein caused his demise by falsifying records. It was your irrational need to support whatever position that the company opposed that lead you to support a person that was clearly lying. Perhaps its you that should get more facts before getting behind a motion. Did you ever see the records in person?

As your posts on this message board attest, your more interested in causing harm to management for the sake of being a pest than getting both sides of the story and drawing a logical conclusion. So who's bitchin now?

Believe what you want, believe who you want to. Reading some of the comments, some have already made that decision. That is why the PNCL pilot group will never be united, too many people working against the greater good.

Last edited:
Nobody needed to know about his disciplinary case, but we should have been told that he was getting paid by the union because the MEC believed that he was terminated for because of his position within the union. That was swept under the rug. So let me get it straight..he was hired for the position of chief pilot, he filled the job for 30 days and he was terminated because he was so high profile in the union. Sorry...that does not add up.
Then, when the MEC finally figured out that they were being taken for a ride 18 months later, the resolutions to terminate his feather bed got swept under the rug.

Ummm....You were the Vice-Chairman of the MEC at the time. Why didn't you do something about it if you thought it was a farce? Or is it only a big deal now that you've been kicked out of office and you're looking for ways to bring others down to the level of discredit that you currently hold?

This is exactly right.

Fired from being a Chief Pilot after being accused of insurance fraud.

SE decides to go to the wall and authorizes full monthly pay out from union dues (your union dues) for the member to sit at home for 18 months. Classified it as hostage taking by the company. Really?

What was he getting paid to do? Did the line pilots even know what was going on? The answer was no.

How much did this cost the pilots? And this is the type of activity that PCL128 is still trying to defend. It's indefensible guys, plain and simple.

The case wasn't even close to plausible. Heard there were more than a few extra family members listed for medical and travel benefits. Does that sound even close?

This is exactly right.

Fired from being a Chief Pilot after being accused of insurance fraud.

SE decides to go to the wall and authorizes full monthly pay out from union dues (your union dues) for the member to sit at home for 18 months. Classified it as hostage taking by the company. Really?

What was he getting paid to do? Did the line pilots even know what was going on? The answer was no.

How much did this cost the pilots? And this is the type of activity that PCL128 is still trying to defend. It's indefensible guys, plain and simple.

The case wasn't even close to plausible. Heard there were more than a few extra family members listed for medical and travel benefits. Does that sound even close?

Still stirring the pot. Even if the chairman and other members of the MEC screwed that one up, we would still be in a WORSE position to have them replaced at this incredibly sensitive time. Those desiring his recall are a vocal minority, without the bigger picture in mind.

You are not serving this pilot groups greater interest. You are only trying to further divide this group for some personal dislike for the chairman.

Go cause trouble somewhere else.

I don't know anything about this issue but why would the MEC support anyone who is terminated fr 18 months. Nothing is that "sensitive". It looks from the outside like they just wanted to take care of their buddy. Since I dont know the facts of this instance, would you have supported paying him if he had done something else - like sent racist emails? (i.e. at what point would you draw the line)

Smarta$$,

I'm glad your OK with this active that was done with your dues money. You alright with this type of leadership going forward? Really?

Like I said indefensible. And all you can say is that I'm stirring the pot? Bring a real debate.

Raoul,

That's the million dollar question. How much money? and Why?

Latest resources

Back