• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle MEC Chairman Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like their first attempt today failed... it was a straight Memphis versus everyone else vote.

It's a South versus North thing - a lot of the guys in Memphis are still stinging after their fishing buddies going kicked out of the union after the first TA failed and are attempting to regain power. I really am disappointed that my reps would try to change leadership right in the middle of a merger. It is also true the senior crowd in MEM, especially some checkairmen that everyone know about, would like nothing more than to secure their bonus and pass any TA that will solidify their gravy train for another 5-10 years. Really pathetic.

... I am IN the meeting and it hasn't had any vote. When you get a message from us- you will have the facts.

I got this in my email TODAY from the union...

-Resolution on mandatory currency for all on full time buyout brought by "MEMPHIS" was failed with a vote of 2 in favor (your Memphis reps) and 6 opposing

It is important to note that the MEC policy manual does encourage all those on full time buy to keep their currency levels up; however this resolution was written to make that a mandatory requirement. (obviously aimed at our chairman)

I got this in my email TODAY from the union...

-Resolution on mandatory currency for all on full time buyout brought by "MEMPHIS" was failed with a vote of 2 in favor (your Memphis reps) and 6 opposing

It is important to note that the MEC policy manual does encourage all those on full time buy to keep their currency levels up; however this resolution was written to make that a mandatory requirement. (obviously aimed at our chairman)

The resolution was for currency of those on full time buy, not anything else. If you look on the email we sent yesterday it was on yesterday's agenda.

Who else is on full-time buy besides the MEC chair right now?

AFAIK, no one. However, that wasn't a recall vote. That was a policy vote, and a policy I agree with. Anyone else on the seniority list lets their currency lapse, they stop getting paid by the company. I don't think it's that big of a deal to have the MEC chair (whomever it may be) go to the sim every 6 months to stay current.

Latest resources

Back