• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle MEC Chairman Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The MEC chairman is not getting paid by the company, he is getting paid by the union. Is it really fair to expect him to go in for a jeopardy event every 6 months when he is not flying during that previous 6 months? I wouldn't want to do that. I seriously doubt John Prater goes in for PC's.

yes, because he should be getting off his a$$ once in a while a picking up a flight or two. It would not kill him to work a couple of weekends either.

It's not a conspiracy, if you asked your reps and conveyed your thoughts and feelings to your reps you would know all you want. That being said I can assure that communication will come out after the meeting and bring out all the highlights of the agenda points. Feel free to continue with the theories, it's at least entertaining.

Well, what happened? Did you not have the votes to do such stupid fuc*#@$ thing?

AFAIK, no one. However, that wasn't a recall vote. That was a policy vote, and a policy I agree with. Anyone else on the seniority list lets their currency lapse, they stop getting paid by the company. I don't think it's that big of a deal to have the MEC chair (whomever it may be) go to the sim every 6 months to stay current.

Perhaps you should work in one of those positions before you make a judgement call about that. I don't think the average pilot has even the slightest clue the amount of work that goes into being an MEC Chairman during contract negotiations.

The motion for recall was removed.

Thank God!

Perhaps you should work in one of those positions before you make a judgement call about that. I don't think the average pilot has even the slightest clue the amount of work that goes into being an MEC Chairman during contract negotiations.

Easy, man. Remember, I'm not one of the lynch mob. I'm just saying it could go a long way towards smoothing tensions over. Plus, there's this:

It is important to note that the MEC policy manual does encourage all those on full time buy to keep their currency levels up
How many other ALPA MECs have it as mandatory? Honest question. If it's "very, very few," then why even make it an encouragement to stay current?

Last edited:
How many other ALPA MECs have it as mandatory? Honest question. If it's "very, very few," then why even make it an encouragement to stay current?

Not very many have it mandatory. Most of them encourage it, but that usually falls by the wayside when lots of work is going on, like during contract negotiations, bankruptcies, mergers, etc. Frankly, it shouldn't even be encouraged at all. When you elect someone to run your union, that should be their primary job. Flying airplanes and taking checkrides is nothing more than a distraction from their primary job of representing your interests.

Latest resources

Back