• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle MEC Chairman Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez and PCL I respect both of you for what you have done with the union. That is not in question at all.

I am sorry though, when you fill out an application for a credit card or your IRS form, under profession you put PILOT, not some union title. That is because it is simply that, a title.

As a pilot, you need your medical and currency, without either, you are a pilot in title only. I take offense that training/recurrent and currency is considered drivel or BS. You are a pilot first, union official second, without being a pilot you would not be a union official. Focus on your job? is that the title in the union or the pilot, which is it?

I served with both of you for several years under various leaders at both the LEC and MEC level. My position has always been for the pilot group, regardless of the leadership. That is who I worked for, the pilots. I know of reps on all levels of the union that made it work with flying and representing their pilot group, so it does work, it is up to the rep though.

Do I want my representation ready and available? sure, but we both know they are never ALWAYS available and in some case not ready. We all saw that by some of the meetings that went down. Albeit, that was years ago, so I don't expect you to remember.

Rez, good example of those events. Do you really think the leadership provided direction immediately? Does it really matter if they took an hour to respond or 8 to 24 hours? Would it matter that much if they did not respond until after they got out of a sim? There is nothing (or there should be nothing) that pressing at a MEC level that needs to be addressed and decided upon in a matter of minutes. Life will not end for anyone if the MEC chair is unavailable.

Bottom line, I am not going to continue this banter. Believe what you do, I still respect both of you, I just don't agree with your respective positions.

I take offense that training/recurrent and currency is considered drivel or BS.

And I take offense that you think a full-time union office is nothing more than a title. But like you said, no need to keep arguing about it.

And I take offense that you think a full-time union office is nothing more than a title. But like you said, no need to keep arguing about it.

It was not my intent to suggest your office in nothing more than a title. Please don't take it personally. Yourself and a select few others, I agree it is more that a title.

For those others, it is just a title. That is the difference between a union rep and a great union rep.

So Don,

When the Memphis Mafia check airmen, who have made no secret of their dislike for Scott and his "yankee" agenda, decide to bust him on an unnecessary PC, what then?

Those thick-necks were out of control when I worked there, they were out of control when you were there, and they are still out of control today. There are current check airman with 2003+ hire dates who are in that "good old boy" culture of corruption--so it's not something that you can say is limited to EXA I Jetstream pilots--it's a disease that continues to spread.

I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that almost every safety issue in the Sabatini report can be traced back to this little clique. Not every problem can be laid at Phil's door just for being a cheap boss. The North Mississippi Flying Club is now actively threatening to black-hat union officials with whom they disagree. Yet you think it is a good idea to make the MEC chair submit to their no-accountability corruption in the midst of contract negotiations, a seniority list integration, and continued ankle-biting from the LEC newcomers?

Why that's just silly--and certainly NOT in the best interest of the union's membership.

Disclaimer: I have never met Scott E. But I am intimately aware of what he is up against both from the company and the NMFC.

I can't argue with your points. Well put and spot on.

If you get your arse out to the membership and communicate, there is less for the ankle biters to chew at. Grassroots starts with getting out there, not dividing the yankee's from the good ol boy's. No one will win that fight, not with how entrenched some of those good 'ol boys are.

I was not picking directly on him either, I am saying that to take a holier than thou position is one sure way to alienate any membership. Showing that you are willing to get dirty with the masses goes a long way for publicity. That is why whenever you have some natural disaster, you have those Hollywood types get on their soap boxes, it is good for business!

The best interest of the membership is unity and parity, without either you will remain divided. That is something no MEC chair has achieved at that property. Maybe one day, one of them will.

The group can't be united.

What must be accepted is the fact that there is a vocal minority among the senior 20% of pilots who actually want to preserve the status quo. They would like a rapid settlement so that they can receive a raise--any raise--while maintaining low health care costs.

Nat work rule improvements--benefitting the other 20% of the pilot group--are of no interest to them. Why would they when they can hit 90h of pay with 18 days off? Any trip rig, min day pay, additional days off for reserves, etc. would only cause the airline to shift the "weight" of the schedule throughout the pilot group. This means senior pilots will have fewer days off to achieve the same total monthly credit.

Make no mistake kids, this is what the issue is, was, and always will be. Any workrule improvements will come at the expense of very senior pilots' days off. This is what they are fighting. This is why they threaten. This is why they tell you the airline will fold up and go away if you get what you want in negotiations.

God forbid the Memphis Mafia have one less day a month on their bass boats on Lake Sardis. But you, you can enjoy being extended for another 8 day off month of ready reserve for nothing more than guarantee.

After all, if you don't like it you can HOLDSHORT.

What must be accepted is the fact that there is a vocal minority among the senior 20% of pilots who actually want to preserve the status quo. They would like a rapid settlement so that they can receive a raise--any raise--while maintaining low health care costs.

Nat work rule improvements--benefitting the other 20% of the pilot group--are of no interest to them. Why would they when they can hit 90h of pay with 18 days off? Any trip rig, min day pay, additional days off for reserves, etc. would only cause the airline to shift the "weight" of the schedule throughout the pilot group. This means senior pilots will have fewer days off to achieve the same total monthly credit.

Make no mistake kids, this is what the issue is, was, and always will be. Any workrule improvements will come at the expense of very senior pilots' days off. This is what they are fighting. This is why they threaten. This is why they tell you the airline will fold up and go away if you get what you want in negotiations.

God forbid the Memphis Mafia have one less day a month on their bass boats on Lake Sardis. But you, you can enjoy being extended for another 8 day off month of ready reserve for nothing more than guarantee.

What a joke. Sadly, true!

Y

Spot fu%$ing on. I don't know you, but you nailed it good. This group can NOT be unified. Replacing the chairman with someone that the southern bases and the Mem Mafia approves of will leave us just as divided, if not MORE.

Latest resources

Back