• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is not Comair V2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I will find interesting is how many guys spouting off and saying "Grow A Pair" will vote yes when there job is in jeopardy. If somebody can replace my 85K a year job with 17 days off a month and 4 weeks vacation I would consider voting no. Please PM me I will consider all options. As for now what most of us need is time to get out. A year may seem like a long time. In this job market it's not.

In closing. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU, I ONLY CARE ABOUT MY FAMILY AND MY FELLOW PCL PILOTS. This deal is as good as it's going to get no matter what seniority you are at. Turning it down would only save Delta money, as the planes go to the lowest bidder and all the bonus money disappears.

The TA is a joke. Get used to the idea. Ooh boy, 80-90k per year. Holy shmokes! Subtract your new 2% payroll taxes and you're rolling in the dough! Take a vacation in Myrtle Beach, heck, make it Panama City!

Your bonus money? You mean the money they're taking from your paychecks, putting into their interest-bearing account, then giving it to you with 40% tax off the top? What a sweet deal!

Last edited:
Its debatable if its better then GoJets. But I now realize that's the new bar. As long as its GoJets or better, you guys are ok with it. That's the problem with this industry. What you guys do will impact everyone. Grow a pair and stand up for something. This is your profession, your career!

Why dont you grow a pair and quit your job unless you get mainline pay or better yet, arrange for those of us with family to support to pay our mortgage. Oh and talk to ALPA who is pushing this along with Delta. The reason this has a great probability of passing is the "bridge" agreement that is a joke and yet ALPA nationals leaders are calling it an opportunity. All it is is a way to allow this TA to pass and give Delta a lot more profits which benefits mainline Delta pilots which ALPA's leader has allegiance too. The Bridge is a joke-they can change the hiring requirements and prevent any pinnacle pilot from getting a Delta job. They can cherry pick who they want. Most of us are voting yes just to give us a couple years to find something else-I would vote no on the merits of the contract, but have my family to think about-obviously ALPA is not concerned with regional pilots families. Maybe I would think differently if I were a mainline pilot getting those huge raises at regional pilots expense but I do not think so. I am not that selfish. I wish I was at a major-where ALPA actually helps. But at a regional-its just a joke

Good posts hawk and Waylon! Maybe all this anger is because after years of faithful service we are going to get some spots in Delta classes and that bothers some.

lay off the kool aid man. if you believe that delta class will work out for u guys then help the company out even more by paying them to work at 9e. I mean that class spot at delta will be here soon. 2014 is right around the corner

Pinnacle will be around until DAL needs more pilots, then it will be shuttered and the pilots set free into the wild, free to be hired at first year pay. The regional experiment allowed the majors 20+ years of "D" scale and will now get all those pilots at newhire prices, welcome to the suck. I personally would love to see a ramp full of planes and 0 pilots willing to fly them, they will then save thousands right up until they have to pay the monthly on the planes, then we will see how much they save.
Until pilots realize how much the company needs us we will collectively continue to be cornholed.

Here we go again from the SKW lifer.... First year pay at DL in 2015 will be $71 an hour, and near $100 an hour a year or two later, with 14% DC fund for retirement (12% DC and 2% your own 401K). That's 14% retirement, and you don't have to add a dime. Can the Regionals match that? Throw in hundreds of guys retiring each year starting in a few years, and QOL will be top notch too, or jumping up fleet types twice as fast as normal. But, PBR will stick it out at the Regionals, as their QOL goes down due to new fatigue rules dumping their senior trips (CDOs), and Legacies continuing to dump 50 seaters. Hiring will be huge for most Regional guys, except PBR..... Yeah, and I think most Regional guys will jump at the chance to come over...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here we go again from the SKW lifer.... First year pay at DL in 2015 will be $71 an hour, and near $100 an hour a year or two later, with 14% DC fund for retirement (12% DC and 2% your own 401K). That's 14% retirement, and you don't have to add a dime. Can the Regionals match that? Throw in hundreds of guys retiring each year starting in a few years, and QOL will be top notch too, or jumping up fleet types twice as fast as normal. But, PBR will stick it out at the Regionals, as their QOL goes down due to new fatigue rules dumping their senior trips (CDOs), and Legacies continuing to dump 50 seaters. Hiring will be huge for most Regional guys, except PBR..... Yeah, and I think most Regional guys will jump at the chance to come over...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I thought you said the majors will need literally thousands of pilots in the next few years. Enough to drain the regionals dry of pilots. Why would he stay?

I thought you said the majors will need literally thousands of pilots in the next few years. Enough to drain the regionals dry of pilots. Why would he stay?

He obviously has other problems. Maybe a DUI, no college, and probably can't interview..... He knows it, too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back