• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is not Comair V2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops. The MEC should not be spouting that. Call it what is. An interview only!

It is an interview, however, the number of seats in class are locked in, it just doesn't require a pilot's name to be attached to the seat.

To say it another way, as to avoid confusion, a yearly look back would require DAL to take the bridge agreement's prescribed amount PNCL pilots.

Get it?

It is an interview, however, the number of seats in class are locked in, it just doesn't require a pilot's name to be attached to the seat.

To say it another way, as to avoid confusion, a yearly look back would require DAL to take the bridge agreement's prescribed amount PNCL pilots.

Get it?

Make sure of that, in writing...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Get it?

Good luck trying to enforce that.

Get it?

The amount of seats in the class may be locked in, but it doesn't say how many Pinnacle pilots they have to interview to fill those seats. It just says they go through the list twice and then it's done. Obviously it won't be this bad, but they could interview every single pilot at Pinnacle twice and only take enough to fill one class, right? There isn't a percentage of Pinnacle pilots they need to take, just a percentage of each class that needs to be Pinnacle pilots until they go through the list twice.

Yup, there is no limit or percentage of interveiwees that need to be taken. Delta very well could interview everyone on the list, turn them all down, then interveiw everyone again and take 12 out of the 2400+ and be free and clear of any further obligations. Meanwhile this turd contract will still be in force and if we ever fight to get anything back it allows Delta to cancel all flying. Sorry $6k isn't enough of a bribe to eat that crap sandwich.

Yup, there is no limit or percentage of interveiwees that need to be taken. Delta very well could interview everyone on the list, turn them all down, then interveiw everyone again and take 12 out of the 2400+ and be free and clear of any further obligations. Meanwhile this turd contract will still be in force and if we ever fight to get anything back it allows Delta to cancel all flying. Sorry $6k isn't enough of a bribe to eat that crap sandwich.

It was never intended that Pinnacle, or any other regional for that matter, be career airlines. It was the unfortunate result of 911, and the economy. Like everything else in this industry, this too is cyclical. It's going to happen reardless of whether this TA passes or not. The 50 seaters are going away, and there will be less airplanes to fly at the regional level. This will only increase the supply of trained pilots available to work for these SH1t wages. Don't believe me? Several Comair pilots are now working at GoJets and Compass. Delta will get their cheap lift one way or another. In my opinion, it would be better to ride this thing out until something better is available. Starting over at another regional would hurt a lot more, and when they start downsizing, we may be furloughed anyway. This is just my opinion, and you're entitled to your's

The amount of seats in the class may be locked in, but it doesn't say how many Pinnacle pilots they have to interview to fill those seats. It just says they go through the list twice and then it's done. Obviously it won't be this bad, but they could interview every single pilot at Pinnacle twice and only take enough to fill one class, right? There isn't a percentage of Pinnacle pilots they need to take, just a percentage of each class that needs to be Pinnacle pilots until they go through the list twice.

I do not believe Delta will interview everyone twice. A pilot has to meet Delta's requirements before they are offered an interview. So... In order for me to qualify (I am a 5+ year FO) I need to upgrade and be a captain for a year. I don't see an upgrade in my future here ever. So they might go through a "qualified" list (captains with four year degree), but not everyone, not the FO's. I've been in this industry since the late 90's, this is just "Smoke and Mirrors"!!!look for the Gotchas. There are there.

I do not believe Delta will interview everyone twice. A pilot has to meet Delta's requirements before they are offered an interview. So... In order for me to qualify (I am a 5+ year FO) I need to upgrade and be a captain for a year. I don't see an upgrade in my future here ever. So they might go through a "qualified" list (captains with four year degree), but not everyone, not the FO's. I've been in this industry since the late 90's, this is just "Smoke and Mirrors"!!!look for the Gotchas. There are there.

You are naive to think that that this will be only unique to Pinnacle. How long do you think it will take to up-grade at the other regionals once they start parking 50 seaters? Up-grades will be several years away if you're not already on property at another regional before Pinnacle goes away.

Latest resources

Back