• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is not Comair V2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Making things up? And everything you say about 9E Corp came true? Here are some of your greatest hits from FI:

"CptMurf has good points. I honestly think it'll end up being straight-up DOH, with protection for current seat/base." Flyer1015
Haha, good memories. That was before the 9E committee came to eff everything up. DOH with protections would have been best for everyone involved, even those Colgantards with their heavy "career expectations."

"Your future is nothing like what ours was. Our ASAs were through 2017 for the 200s." 06/08/2011 Flyer1015
Yes, but take that in context. That statement was made when comparing Mesaba's future with Pinnacle's future. Mesaba's future was nothing like Pinnacle's. At that time, 9E wasn't losing any airplanes. Meanwhile, you were losing your entire Saab fleet, all 3 dozen of them. All of those pilots came off and found homes on original 9E planes. You're welcome.

"Pinnacle's 200 fleet has not been touched. No cuts of 50 seat jets at Pinnacle so far. IMO, we won't see any until at least 2017 when the CPA is up." 05/06/2011 Flyer1015
So I was wrong by 2-3 years. Sue me. The 200s are gone in 2013-2015 instead of 2017.

"Nah, I don't believe you bring equal value to the merger." 06/08/2011 Flyer1015"
You didn't! And that is fact. You brought a bunch of pilots who otherwise would have been downgraded (CAs) and furloughed (junior FOs) as the Saabs were parked.

This is rich,
sir Richard? If you think for one minute DAL will do anything that isn't in their best interests , well....
If the best interest is to get the lowest cost metric possible to leverage the overall portfolio costs to the minimum, then you guys are the answer, offer a carrot, and once the metric is established, give a batch of planes to the new lowest carrier in the portfolio and furlough the surplus pilots. This will release pilots into the wild and allow the acceptable ones to be interviewed/hired with 0.00 obligation to the remainder.
Pilots, this is like making it to the final table at the WSOP and playing with the cards stuck to your forehead face out and not getting to see them before they are stuck there.
We are at a serious disadvantage in the game and the only thing we have potentially is unity, and we can see where that is today.
Make no mistake DAL is conducting a grand experiment with your lives, conduct yourselves accordingly.

The TA will pass, probably 70/30. With some of the comments I'm reading, it seems some would fly for free just for currency sake for their next job. If Delta thinks a RJ FO should only make 37/HR even if they are a 8 year FO, then it really is time to STFD.

This is rich,
sir Richard? If you think for one minute DAL will do anything that isn't in their best interests , well....
If the best interest is to get the lowest cost metric possible to leverage the overall portfolio costs to the minimum, then you guys are the answer, offer a carrot, and once the metric is established, give a batch of planes to the new lowest carrier in the portfolio and furlough the surplus pilots. This will release pilots into the wild and allow the acceptable ones to be interviewed/hired with 0.00 obligation to the remainder.
Pilots, this is like making it to the final table at the WSOP and playing with the cards stuck to your forehead face out and not getting to see them before they are stuck there.
We are at a serious disadvantage in the game and the only thing we have potentially is unity, and we can see where that is today.
Make no mistake DAL is conducting a grand experiment with your lives, conduct yourselves accordingly.

Since DL owns a lot of the CR9s, and there are operators like Gojets out there that will take them for less, then everyone in the Regional industry is at a disadvantage. Throw in BK for PNCL, and DL was given the upperhand because nobody would give DIP financing. That means they run the show.

Bye Bye---General Lee

HYou didn't! And that is fact. You brought a bunch of pilots who otherwise would have been downgraded (CAs) and furloughed (junior FOs) as the Saabs were parked.
Pinnacle brought Phil Trenary, which was a bigger airline ender?

I'd submit Phil and the red neck brigade are the trump card in this discussion.

Pinnacle brought Phil Trenary, which was a bigger airline ender?

I'd submit Phil and the red neck brigade are the trump card in this discussion.

Phi T is long gone. He cashed out, he knew there is no long term career at a regional airline. And Pinnacle was the carrier that bought 2 airlines, so you can't say what Pinnacle brought. Mesaba was shrinking over three dozen aircraft and Colgan was marked for death ever since they planted one near BUF. And that's exactly what happened. Even now, Colgan pilots are sitting home collecting full pay whereas they should have been unemployed.

Uncle Phil ran two airlines into bankrutpcy. Lonestar and now Pinnacle.

If he ever re-emerges......look out!

Phi T is long gone. He cashed out, he knew there is no long term career at a regional airline. And Pinnacle was the carrier that bought 2 airlines, so you can't say what Pinnacle brought. Mesaba was shrinking over three dozen aircraft and Colgan was marked for death ever since they planted one near BUF. And that's exactly what happened. Even now, Colgan pilots are sitting home collecting full pay whereas they should have been unemployed.

God, so pinnacle brought a negative balance sheet thanks to the CEO, Colgan, and Pinnacle who has lost their 900s and will lose the 200s. I'm trying to follow your logic here, help me out. I mean, mesaba does at least have a few airplanes left.

The point being made is that the 200's were "marked for death" as well. My argument from the very beginning of this whole crap sandwhich was the the Mesaba and Pinnacle 900's were the only thing worth anything in this merger. It turns out the 9e 900's weren't even worth anything. You clearly saw the writing on the wall for Colgan, but not the 200's for some reason.

On a lighter note, u headed to lax in April?

The point being made is that the 200's were "marked for death" as well. My argument from the very beginning of this whole crap sandwhich was the the Mesaba and Pinnacle 900's were the only thing worth anything in this merger. It turns out the 9e 900's weren't even worth anything. You clearly saw the writing on the wall for Colgan, but not the 200's for some reason.

On a lighter note, u headed to lax in April?
Yes, but at te time only the Saabs were being parked and 9E guys downgraded with Saab pilots coming to CRJs.

No, I'm staying put for now and see what happens.

Latest resources

Back