• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with MNR on his comments about JR's 14-on/7-off cycle and PA's 14/14 cycle. I was on the 14/7 cycle for about 6 months before going to the 8/6 reserve schedule. I was home about 16-18 days a month on the 14/7 cycle. That's because a lot of the trips were day trips and a lot of days entailed being on-call in my house.

If I am on-call and not flying, I would much rather do that in my house than a hotel room. But, I can see the trade-off for the 14/14 because I think that would mean that I can live wherever I want. Is this how it works at PA right now?

Just some more communication to put out for the PA guys....We were told in a conference call that the business plan is to put most, if not all aircraft on the basing system that JR currently has. This means they try to bring the aircraft back to base after every trip and that the pilots assigned to that aircraft have to live in base. With this setup, a 14/7 makes sense since it allows for an easy 3-pilot rotation on the plane and you are home more.

Whether they use that system after the deal closes is for all to see....
Yes those of us on the road live where we want we are scatterd all over the county, so a switch to the 14/7 causes a problum for us it also would cost us money with are day pay which at this point is a garuntee of 750 to 800 a month we would loose a portion of this because of the out and back without staying the night or just sitting at home on call I would not be makeing that money that I have been makeing for a long time along. Most of the people on the road are senior in the company so a lot of us could walk if it is just a switch with out something to compensate for the loss of money and time off. Along with a move that the company won't pay for or at least in the past have not helped in moving expenses.
I do need to say this to the PA guys even more the guys on the road don't freakout feeling you are going to get screwed there are going to be some changes but I think we are going to be okay and happy with the out come. We are just going to have to wait to see what it is and I don't know how long that will be. Before you start calling and emailing me because I have a crystal ball I don't know anything spacific so I can not tell you anything other then to just hang tight.

Your omnipotent ball needs spell check!
Yea i know thought about it getting lazy in my old age. Careful before you end up back out with your buddy LOL
So this is just for you B. LOL See if I ever fly over another nudist colony for you though LOL

Yes those of us on the road live where we want we are scattered all over the county, so a switch to the 14/7 causes a problem for us it also would cost us money with are day pay which at this point is a guarantee of 750 to 800 a month we would loose a portion of this because of the out and back without staying the night or just sitting at home on call I would not be making that money that I have been making for a long time along. Most of the people on the road are senior in the company so a lot of us could walk if it is just a switch with out something to compensate for the loss of money and time off. Along with a move that the company won't pay for or at least in the past have not helped in moving expenses.
I do need to say this to the PA guys even more the guys on the road don't freak out feeling you are going to get screwed there are going to be some changes but I think we are going to be okay and happy with the out come. We are just going to have to wait to see what it is and I don't know how long that will be. Before you start calling and emailing me because I have a crystal ball I don't know anything specific so I can not tell you anything other then to just hang tight.

Last edited:
Ol' spellcheckers still don't catch the "loose" vs. "lose." It'll get ya every time.

60% of the time, it works every time!

True true......... guess that is why I just don't worry about it. If it can't be figured out ohh well. I usually never have anything important to say anyway. lol.

I like to wear my custom Captain Caveman Cape when I fly. I make my F.O.'s wear the Scrappy Doo Coller when they fly with me. Next month I'm gonna change attire to the Captain Underpants uniform.

are we gonna get PA's day pay also?

I think that some how, wynn is going to keep the pay system are screwed up between the two certificates.

The extra $50 bucks sounds like a good thing for the PA guys.

But what about us JR guys?

Im new to this thread, and haven't read em all but I have the feeling that we are going to get shorted on the day pay. The hotel thing sucks also. just my opinion. I'll get used to new system, no choice in the matter anyways.

If we were paid the $50 extra day + per diem then I wouldn't have tp worry about searching for the cheapest hotel. Does anyone from Jetride know this one? BTW #8 seniority JR......soon to be 15...whoo peee.

BTW..CJJ YOUR FIRED!!!! MOFO

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back