• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots leaving Avantair for Twin Otter 135 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, but ask Cherry bomb how the "London-butt" feels in that big shiny new ride of his!

BTW, Cherry, how come we kept hearing you on freq from Cabo to TX all the way? Shouldn't you have outrun us a little?;)

Capt. JD
Don't you know that 205's are so 80's technology? When are you going to step up to the shaped skiis like the big dogs on the US Ski team are using. I know what you mean about going fast in the FL's, much rather be pounding around in something like umm,,, a 310R

Corp Weenie Flunkie, Shaped Skiis are for people that need help making big S turns, it interferes with my skiing style. That right, real flying!

Wow, talk about a performance difference. Going from the fastest turboprop to the slow Twotter must be a let down.

Is life so bad at Avantair that flying a Twotter would be so appealing? I wonder what their beef was with Avantair to do that?

Based on this comment I doubt you've flown an Otter. Since when is speed the sole basis of performance. Besides speed I would guess an Otter outperforms a Piaggio in every other aspect.

Based on this comment I doubt you've flown an Otter. Since when is speed the sole basis of performance. Besides speed I would guess an Otter outperforms a Piaggio in every other aspect.

The twotter most definatley can outperform a piaggio in a greater amount of cabin noise, the discomfort of flight, a lack of automation and the amount of fuel burned.

Maybe a little bit overboard with saying every other aspect of performance because that clearly is not the case but they're also two different airplanes designed for two different things. I have never heard of anyone being let down by the performance of the Otter besides the cruising speed of course.

I would guess an Otter outperforms a Piaggio in every other aspect.

You would guess wrong, then.

Other than a shorter takeoff and landing and more seats...how does the otter outperform the piaggio?

The piaggio flies faster, higher, is more fuel efficient, climbs more quickly, is an all weather airplane with good ice protection, is far quieter, certainly more comfortable, with superior avionics and nav capabilities and IFR performance, has a better single engine performance and higher single engine ceiling, among other things. But you say the otter out performs the piaggio in every other respect than speed, then?

But you say the otter out performs the piaggio in every other respect than speed, then?

Like a bus, it can carry more passengers. The result, increased odds of cleaning up a mess from the airsick pax due to the low altitude bumpy slow ride.

But really, it isn’t a fair comparison, more like comparing today’s Ferrari Enzo to a world war "deuce and a half" personnel carrier. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back