Pilots leaving Avantair for Twin Otter 135 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fckncrzy

Has anyone else heard a rumor about pilots leaving Avantair to go fly in the Grand Canyon? What is the deal with Avantair?

Yeah, turns out we live in the USA and people can go work where they like.

You're referring to 2 pilots who left at the same time to go to the same place. Not exactly an exodus is it?

Wow, talk about a performance difference. Going from the fastest turboprop to the slow Twotter must be a let down.

Is life so bad at Avantair that flying a Twotter would be so appealing? I wonder what their beef was with Avantair to do that?

Just to try and head off all the flame..
Married couple, job is 'home every night', and they used to work there.

Who wouldn't want to live in the excitement of Vegas! Maybe start up a second more lucrative gambling career.

Wow, talk about a performance difference. Going from the fastest turboprop to the slow Twotter must be a let down.

Is life so bad at Avantair that flying a Twotter would be so appealing? I wonder what their beef was with Avantair to do that?

Rule #1: There are more important things in life than how shiny or big your airplane is.

Rule #2: Until you understand rule #1, you will never learn the joy of being content.

To each its own..

Rule #1: There are more important things in life than how shiny or big your airplane is.

Rule #2: Until you understand rule #1, you will never learn the joy of being content.

As a Twotter captain flying overseas making more money and having more time off than most pilots probably ever will, I can only agree..

However, as some of you might know, I am still trying to make the opposite step to what this couple did and get into a frac operator. All my time off and a good pay check comes with a price, which is being away for five weeks at a time..

We all have different opinions of what is the best job depending on personal preferences.

FZ

Gee, thanks Dad. I am glad you speak in generalizations for everyone. I wanted to understand their motivations - hence the original question.

The couple in question already live in Vegas and used to work for the company they went back to. For some people, being on the road for 7 days gets really old. They probably just wanted to be home together every night.

The couple in question already live in Vegas and used to work for the company they went back to. For some people, being on the road for 7 days gets really old. They probably just wanted to be home together every night.

Makes sense. Thanks for the non-philosophical answer.

Latest resources

Back