• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots leaving Avantair for Twin Otter 135 Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I consider myself lucky to have this job. I've done my time doing night freight, part 135 charter, and 121 with Eagle. I've instructed for two years. Avantair has treated me well, and management listens to the pilots. This is the best flying job I've had. If you worked here and didn't like it here, fine. I respect your opinion, and hope that you have found something that fits you better. If you've never worked here, and therefore don't have a clue what you are talking about, take a hike.

Wacoflyr

Waco
Noodles won't go away. Every time there's an Avantair thread, he, and a few others, feel it's their job to chime in with as much negativity as possible. As I think he'd left before I started here 2.5 yrs ago, maybe things were so bad that they just can't let go!
Just for the record, to all the ex-Avantair guys who love to hate it, (and of course, anyone interested in coming here), things have gotten a lot better just in my time. QOL is pretty darn good, duty days are, on the average, shorter, and the flying is diverse and interesting enough to keep my from being bored. Paycheck is on time, and there has never been any talk about cutbacks/furloughs etc (just like a frac job should be)!
I got my 50+ days skiing last winter, lots of snowmobilin', still keeping gas in the boat, and putting a kid thru college. Schedule/pay ratio seems to work for me!
Home every night? Oh well, I guess that'd be the Holy Grail huh?!:)

I'm raising my bet! 4 ex-wives by the time you're my age!

Jobs

Wow, talk about a performance difference. Going from the fastest turboprop to the slow Twotter must be a let down.

Is life so bad at Avantair that flying a Twotter would be so appealing? I wonder what their beef was with Avantair to do that?

What the hell is so appealing about going fast at 300FL to 400FL? It not like the feeling I get on my Ducati going over a 100+MPH!? Or skiing down a steep shoot on my 205cm skis!?

Everybody has there own motivation for moving to a new job, mine's money... The couple in question which I know/flew with are looking out for there better interests which seem to be quality of life motivated...

Last edited:
What the hell is so appealing about going fast at 300FL to 400FL? It not like the feeling I get on my Ducati going over a 100+MPH!? Or skiing down a steep shoot on my 205cm skis!?

Everybody has there own motivation for moving to a new job, mine's money... The couple in question which I know/flew with are looking out for there better interests which seem to be quality of life motivated...

Capt. JD
Don't you know that 205's are so 80's technology? When are you going to step up to the shaped skiis like the big dogs on the US Ski team are using. I know what you mean about going fast in the FL's, much rather be pounding around in something like umm,,, a 310R

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back