• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots detained in Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"lining up criminal charges won't make anyone more "careful".
Stupid is as stupid does. Convictions for negligence crimes sends a message...turn a deaf ear, pay the price and whine about it later.

The criminal justice sytem is not having a go at aviation, no more than sitting in a vehicle makes a criminal act a lawful one.

User CP

Ignore list

FN FAL

Ahhhh...much better. I think the IQ of this discussion just went up about 20 points.

Well if you actually let the criminal lagal system have a go at aviation then you will end up with nothing being an "accident".

According to FNFAL there is no such thing as an accident. It's merely a crime that isn't being prosecuted.

No, I'm insane to think that you guys would take a hint and realize that in the criminal justice system, there is no such thing as an accident.

I guess I've been living in a dream world up until now. There is no spoon. :D

Are you saying they intended to hit that airliner?

That's a new one.
no. Im saying there was probably an miscommunication that put someone at the wrong alt. Most pilots don't fly wrong altitudes for the hell of it. I've had emergencies that made me descend through the flight levels and ATC wasn't communicating with us for some reason. Its a very uneasy feeling being high and fast and knowing your not in your protected chunk of airspace. You feel like your going to get clipped at any second. I doubt someone would knowingly do that to themselves.

According to FNFAL there is no such thing as an accident. It's merely a crime that isn't being prosecuted.
Excuse me for "merely" informing you that there may be more than FAA administrative action in the event of an "accident".

Should you find yourself surviving one of these, I'd suggest you blurt out anything that comes to your mind at the first police officer that arrives at the scene. Like I said, you can always take it back later...not.

Has Brazil ever heard of the ASRS program?

Not disagreeing with your perspective, but I don't believe that the ASRS does anything for you in the case of an accident, and I'm pretty certain that it won't protect you from any criminal prosecution in any event.

Hey look, it's Greta Van FNFAL whining and sharing such a vast knowledge of the legal system with us all. Thats about all he's good for.
Look, it is the rose colored glasses neo-con, who brings only an empty mind and a full diaper to the discussion.

Not disagreeing with your perspective, but I don't believe that the ASRS does anything for you in the case of an accident, and I'm pretty certain that it won't protect you from any criminal prosecution in any event.
Maybe in Brazil it would.

Oh you said ASRS, I thought he said "A SKS". Never mind.

Latest resources

Back