• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots detained in Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I would not want her sent to the big house since she is my daughter. But if my daughter was speeding and crashed into your daughter and killed her, would you want my daughter punished? My guess is....probably.

But we're not talking about justice then we're talking about revenge.

So you are saying, if they were knowingly flying an altitude not assigned to them and caused this crash, then nothing should happen to them?

I'm not saying nothing should happen. But how comfortable are you letting a 3rd world justice system make that decision?

I'm not saying nothing should happen. But how comfortable are you letting a 3rd world justice system make that decision?

I don't know many third world countries that have developed one of the world's best selling regional aircraft. I would venture to say that their justice system is just as developed as their industrial system. Just my .02....

Last edited:
Well, accident or intentional, I think anything and everything is going to be nothing more than speculation until the CVR and ATC recordings along with the radar dump are scrutinized. I would imagine that some of this is already in progress.

Mmmm, 3rd world justice system.......that could hurt, kinda like in midnight express.

Very true. In many spots, SOP is to throw everyone in jail regardless of fault. Those with political connections and/or large $$$ will eventually be found "innocent", while those without either are in for a long stay in the South American pokey.

While I agree that Brasil has some rather nice manufacturing capability, isn't this also the country where the authorities have lost all control of the jails, and it's pretty much the convicts running things and coodinating riots across the country on cell phones?

Nu

Latest resources

Back