• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as the lowest paid major airline pilot I can't afford a backpack or roller bag so I just drag my stuff around in a plastic trash bag from the galley.

Keep yourself well-groomed, iron your uniform, act appropriately in public places and people will not give a rats a$$ if you have a backpack on. Showing up reeking of booze, being rude, looking like a slob is what people notice...not how you carry your own personal belongings.

Also, button the top button of your shirt and looks like hell to have your tie holding together the collar of your shirt.

Here's my meaning of the height of hypocrisy. The same clowns who HATE the hat are the same ones who wear a baseball cap 24/7. Ugh...... Nothing like looking like a teenage boy for the rest of your life....:rolleyes:

I stuff my XXL Body into XL Polyester pants and Shirts with a Medium-sized wifebeater underneath and go Oh-Naturale down below. I swap out the hard-soles for Birkenstocks at EVERY opportunity and carry EVERYTHING I need in a Black Pleather Fanny-Pack which carries my Skoal, toothbrush, comb, Iphone, charger and wallet. Everything ELSE I need is at the Hotel Front Desk (Razor, toothpaste, shaving cream and deodorant) if not in the rooms.

NOBODY has every commented:

1. About My Extra-Long 'Starsky' Sideburns
2. Terrible Combover (or Wearing my hat on planes, trains or in automobiles)
3. Wearing Birnenstocks
4. When my pant cuffs rise showing my hairy shins while sitting
5. When I lose a button and belly hair breaches my under shirt
6. When I must adjust my boys on the crew bus because they are indecisive which side of the inner hem to ride
7. Most of all: never complained about how my fanny pack zippers rattle like a cow-bell while I walk

100-1/2

Last edited:
Who gives a sh*t?

After being in this rewarding industry for 11 years, I have never had anyone outside aviation ask me "why do so many pilots carry backpacks?" No one really cares except other pilots.

I stuff my XXL Body into XL Polyester pants and Shirts with a Medium-sized wifebeater underneath and go Oh-Naturale down below. I swap out the hard-soles for Birkenstocks at EVERY opportunity and carry EVERYTHING I need in a Black Pleather Fanny-Pack which carries my Skoal, toothbrush, comb, Iphone, charger and wallet. Everything ELSE I need is at the Hotel Front Desk (Razor, toothpaste, shaving cream and deodorant) if not in the rooms.

NOBODY has every commented:

1. About My Extra-Long 'Starsky' Sideburns
2. Terrible Combover (or Wearing my hat on planes, trains or in automobiles)
3. Wearing Birnenstocks
4. When my pant cuffs rise showing my hairy shins while sitting
5. When I lose a button and belly hair breaches my under shirt
6. When I must adjust my boys on the crew bus because they are indecisive which side of the inner hem to ride
7. Most of all: never complained about how my fanny pack zippers rattle like a cow-bell while I walk

100-1/2

Wow ! You TOO ? I always tuck my wife-beater into my jammie bottoms before going to the hotel breakfast bar and make sure to clean my Crocs with an alcohol wipe.I prefer Sketchers in uniform.If you try to shave with one of those chinese hotel razors,you're just askin' for it.Do you rock the Wal-Mart socks you buy in a bundle as well ?

Latest resources

Back