Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJLoser

I have noticed a trend toward more and more pilots carrying backpacks. I'm seeing a lot more pilots (including mainline guys) toting the once "taboo regional bag". I believe strategically.....the backpack is the best type of bag to carry a computer as well as personal items. I figured this would be a great place to discuss the backpack an all the connotations that go along with it. To backpack or not?

Hair gel and iPods to be discussed later.

I take one with me when I do continuous duty overnights. It is a hell of a lot easier to carry my stuff in that slugging around my roller bag.

Sure it might be convenient to carry one around. But it's also a lot more comfortable and convenient to wear sneakers. But you'll look like a dousche. At some point you've got to grow up and leave the light-up wheels and mickey mouse watches at home. As for backpacks, you're not in high school anymore.

FedEx pilots are the kings of the backpack.

Look completely stupid and unprofessional. Saw a girl in DTW yesterday looked like she was going hiking.

Look completely stupid and unprofessional. Saw a girl in DTW yesterday looked like she was going hiking.

I agree. You don't see business professionals wearing backpacks, do you? Nice suit, nice tie, nice backpack? I think not.

Yeah, and at some point, you've gotta realize nobody gives a turd except low low prices. Your management is counting on the fact that you THINK you are a professional when in reality we are mostly undertrained monkeys until turds hit the fan. Then watch management throw you under the bus citing unprofessional behavior because you had a backpack and made a nonpertinent remark below 10,000'

Latest resources

Back