• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My captain showed up for my last Honolulu trip with a giant backpack. I said, "looks like you're coming prepared, what's in the bag."

"My paragrlider."

I can't believe he was so unprofessional and brought recreational equipment to Hawaii. The nerve of him trying to have fun at his job.

And the guy riding his bike with tennis shoes on wearing a backpack. Maybe he didn't want to ride his bike to work with $200 shoes on. Perhaps they were in his backpack.

I think you meant paraglider :)

Paraglider...Cool

Backpack...Unprofessional

Did the guy on the bike run out of money for gas after he bought his $200.00 pair of shoes...hence that`s why he`s riding his bike to work?

Look completely stupid and unprofessional. Saw a girl in DTW yesterday looked like she was going hiking.

And yet you wear a tie wit a short sleeved shirt. :smash:

The cardio thoracic surgeon who lives across the street from me wears cowboy boots when in surgery(plays country music while removing hearts). He makes $500K/year. Maybe his "more professional" surgeon buds spout off on the SurgeonInfo.com website and slam his for his unprofessional attire.

I wear a fanny pack.

*sike* Lol

But seriously i did see a flight attendant yesterday with a skateboard attached to his rollerbag.

Let's see what's in my almighty "Backpack" shall we?

-MacBook Pro 15"

-2QT Container full of Syntha-6 Chocolate Milkshake Protein

-My Wallet and keys (These pants are terribly tight on my quads so putting my keys and wallet in the pockets is not going to happen)

-Power cables and headphones for the gym etc.

-Couple books I'm reading

-All of my supplement pills and teas for the overnights

-External pocket drive with all of my software coding (Brotha's gotta make a living doing this job right?)

-Side mesh pocket for my Blender bottle.

Now how is all that going to fit in a lunch bag?

I agree. You don't see business professionals wearing backpacks, do you? Nice suit, nice tie, nice backpack? I think not.

Been to Manhattan? This is about the only place people actually wear suits on a regular basis anymore and there is nothing but backpacks and suits. I'm not advocating the look, just pointing out reality.

Been to Manhattan? This is about the only place people actually wear suits on a regular basis anymore and there is nothing but backpacks and suits. I'm not advocating the look, just pointing out reality.

... and most carry them like a briefcase or hang them from one shoulder.

I can't but help to wonder what the first conversations were about when rollerboards hit the scene.

How many people looked at that and said "Well that's just not professional rolling your suitcase around!"

Seems crazy, but more professionals do wear them with suits in the cities. It seems to be a sign of the changing times with laptops, ipads, media equipment and other stuff needed for the job. Laptop bags are ok, but sometimes it's just easier to throw it over your shoulder.

No backpack here, just a laptop bag. FWIW.

Actually roller boards were not first it was a wheeled frame like thing that first showed up in late 70's early 80's.The original comments were not its unprofessional but unmanly.Yup apparently we would rather have our arms stretched to knee level carrying our flight bag and suit case than use something that would make our travel easier. FYI before the advent of the small attachable bag that goes with your roll on the real runner athlete types use pack packs to keep their dirty stinky workout stuff in.

Latest resources

Back