• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and Backpacks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The former Navy F-18 driver that was playing FO on my American flight a few days ago was carrying a backpack. He didn't have a hat on either...

Does your flight bag hang down from the back back or do you just kick it ahead of you around the airport?

We don't have flight bags anymore. Just a suitcase with wheels and a .....backpack ....

Last edited:
First pay me like a professional, then we can talk about strict appearance.

:rolleyes: Such a lame excuse. How about you take pride in your job, appearance, and attitude instead of letting someone else determine that for you? When the mainline guys all took paycuts did they start dressing like crap?

Everytime we see someone with a backpack we just have a good laugh because looking from the outside it looks so retarded. If you want to change the publics view of a "professional pilot" then i am sure toting a backpack like a high school kid is the way to go. Yes we all know the pay is bad but funny that is always the excuse when people want to deviate from the "image" we are trying to portray.

On a lighter note:

http://youtu.be/fwA7SMSZeKk

What`s in your backpack?

What`s in your backpack?

My captain showed up for my last Honolulu trip with a giant backpack. I said, "looks like you're coming prepared, what's in the bag."

"My paragrlider."

I can't believe he was so unprofessional and brought recreational equipment to Hawaii. The nerve of him trying to have fun at his job.

And the guy riding his bike with tennis shoes on wearing a backpack. Maybe he didn't want to ride his bike to work with $200 shoes on. Perhaps they were in his backpack.

I can't but help to wonder what the first conversations were about when rollerboards hit the scene.

How many people looked at that and said "Well that's just not professional rolling your suitcase around!"

Seems crazy, but more professionals do wear them with suits in the cities. It seems to be a sign of the changing times with laptops, ipads, media equipment and other stuff needed for the job. Laptop bags are ok, but sometimes it's just easier to throw it over your shoulder.

No backpack here, just a laptop bag. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back