Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot forced to retire--Boo hoo! Freaking baby!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When your policy manual says to use the AP on NAV departures and you don't... Your breaking the rules. That's what your paid to do, follow SOP.
You must have been the guy on the radio that no one could understand. Sounded like you were talking into a can. I guess the other guy was taking a wiz, cause we all know that is the reg that everyone follows.

It's a shame the company found out about the wheelchair bit, it would have been pretty amusing to watch.

All I can say is that if this dude can't manually fly out of Vegas when he wants to (see highlighted paragraph) then he should have retired years ago. He's trying not to be bitter? The dude had 30 years to prepare for this. This stuff makes me sick!
Easy there, Spanky. I find it most comical that pilots like you are quick to use the greed card as this mans reason to stay in the airlines. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...
You're time will come, and I seriously hope you're not in a financial situation requiring a large paycheck (see underfunded retirement) when it's your turn. But I am sure you will indulge us all on this board with this that and the other about how you are the ONLY man to have foresight when it comes to issues like these. It's really CUT and DRY, this USAir guy is just an idiot. Just remember you don't know half the story, Slick.

Being pushed out on a wheelchair sounds pretty lame. If you really want to push the envelope how about forgetting what gate you are supposed to be at and taxi the wrong way screwing up all the taxi ways and entrance alleys to the terminal for thirty minutes and claim alzheimers?

Oh, then you wouldn't get the CFR water hose send off, the wheel chair you bragged about getting (and got caught due to your bragging) or be penalized your paycheck by your company that paid you enough to buy your vaction home you're retiring in. To him I wish swift tailwinds.

Counselair

BTW I've read Flying the Line Vol I and II, want more from my profession and am against flying past 60 and ALPA is only in it for themselves. Been there, furloughed from that (three times) and got the magzine!

Being pushed out on a wheelchair sounds pretty lame. If you really want to push the envelope how about forgetting what gate you are supposed to be at and taxi the wrong way screwing up all the taxi ways and entrance alleys to the terminal for thirty minutes and claim alzheimers?

Oh, then you wouldn't get the CFR water hose send off, the wheel chair you bragged about getting (and got caught due to your bragging) or be penalized your paycheck by your company that paid you enough to buy your vaction home you're retiring in. To him I wish swift tailwinds.

Counselair

BTW I've read Flying the Line Vol I and II, want more from my profession and am against flying past 60 and ALPA is only in it for themselves. Been there, furloughed from that (three times) and got the magzine!

Well Said Brother!!!!!!!

I agree completely. This is the attitude of all the whinny little children that think they are entitled to somebody else's job. Age 65 is coming. Deal with it. You are not owed that place in line. They are the ones with 30 years experience and dedication. You are the freshmen on the block.
Do me a favor and read FLYING THE LINE, Tighten your Tie, Straighten your union pin, and be part of the solution. Not the problem.

20 yrs in the "biz" furloughed twice and layed off once. I guess I don't really consider myself a freshmen. I've read "Flying the Line I & II" several times and have never found the part where it says I've got mine F*** the rest of you. 12 yr. FO looking at another 2-5 min at my current employeer(who will never make it another 5). If I should be lucky enough to get on with a stable carrier i.e. UPS, FedEx or SWA in the next 12-18 months I might get 5 yrs as a capt(60-65). Another 5-7 and I'll probably be dead(65-72). This pretty picture is being painted by a bunch of DF's that can't manage there money, have no life outside of aviation(we all know what a treat you are to sit with on a 4 day) and actually thought they could count soley on this profession to provide them with a retirement. They now want to the rest of us to bend over and take one for the team.

Absolutely no sesnse of history or pride left in what was once a prestigious profession.

Still waiting for one of the "senior" guys to explain to me why, if there is no safety issue involved with flying past 65, a pilot under age 60 must be in the cockpit with them? Well....still waiting? You can't tell me with a straight face that your skills haven't deteriorated over the years. If it's an age discrimination issue than why stop at 65, why not 67, 70, 75? Oh yeah, that'll come in a few years, as long as someone under 60 is there to cover for you.
If it's your last flight and you really want to do the RNAV departure out of Vegas, I'm sure you wouldn't have been fired, get real.

Because that's what the rule says. It doesn't mean it's a good rule anymore than the eight hour rest rule is good.

As for the RNAV departure, some people like to follow the rules.

Still waiting for one of the "senior" guys to explain to me why, if there is no safety issue involved with flying past 65, a pilot under age 60 must be in the cockpit with them? Well....still waiting?

I'm not a "senior guy" but I can tell you that throughout history, compromises are made to get things done. That's all this represents: a compromise to get the deal made.

HRDiva

Latest resources

Back