Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot forced to retire--Boo hoo! Freaking baby!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When your policy manual says to use the AP on NAV departures and you don't... Your breaking the rules. That's what your paid to do, follow SOP.

what are they going to do? fire him?

It's not always about what "they're" going to do.

In principle I have been in favor of dropping the age 60 limitation since before I had a job at the show.

I am in the left seat and would actually benifit from a change in the rule, but the constant whining and bitching, not to mention the self rightious crap I hear from those getting close the the wall, is enough to make me change my mind.

The fact is that those who are in the left seat when the rule changes are going to enjoy a windfall that no-one else will enjoy. That is simply the way it is. Life is always unfair to someone.

The thing that is irking me is to hear these guys rail about the "injustice" of the rule. Let's let everybody who is 60 to 65 when the rule changes come back to the line and see how the whiners feel about that.

The rule should be changed. I did a PC about ten years ago with a captain who was about three weeks away from his 60th and he was one of the sharper pencils in the box. I wish he could have been able to continue, but I would like to bounce some of the loudest whiners to the street tomorrow.

Most of you sound like a bunch doooooo-che bags. Ever think the guy just really likes his job, is still fully capable, and wants to keep flying out of pure enjoyment?

In 13 years of flying I've towed banners, CFI'd, flown for the EAA, done part 91 corporate stuff, 135 and 121, and am currently flying pointy nose jets off big grey boats. I like to think that I've experienced a lot of what aviation has to offer... and I don't see it ever getting old. Hell, I'm looking for a Kitfox for my days off. The day I'm forced to retire, I'll probably find some cush flying job, and continue to fly whatever I'm able to own. I can symapthize with this guy because he's one of the few around that sounds like he truely loves what he does. The way most of you bitch makes me wonder why you're even in the business.

Most of you sound like a bunch doooooo-che bags. Ever think the guy just really likes his job, is still fully capable, and wants to keep flying out of pure enjoyment?

In 13 years of flying I've towed banners, CFI'd, flown for the EAA, done part 91 corporate stuff, 135 and 121, and am currently flying pointy nose jets off big grey boats.

Sounds to me like the one thing you haven't done yet is sit on on reserve or live out a furlough or try to figure out how to get by for another five years as an FO on a payscale that was negotiated when age 65 had just been dealt with "once and for all" by the FAA . . . . yet you sure have an opinion.

Maybe you ought to shut your pie hole about something you obviously don't understand the ramifications of. It's not about "love of flying" it's about our livelihood. If these 60 year-old "MEEEE Generation" types want to keep flying "for the love of flying" they can fly corporate jets until they're flying 'em in Depends. Notice that they don't want to fly as FO's . . . . nope. TGhey want the dollars, and they don't care that a furloughed guy may have to wait another five years to get called back simply because these guys want a windfall.

Do you recall the poster he was rebutting?

Ever notice, the more you earn, the more you spend.

I used to earn alot more (in a previous life), never imagined how I'd be able to live on what I make today. You make do. This guy has a lifestyle that he doesn't want to lose and it scares him! He had a short time to scramble and make up time when he lost that pension, so it's only natural that he got excited about age 65 .................... then time ran out!

He'll adjust.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back