• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you 4,5,or 6,000+ hour airline pilots want to throw nasty memarks in my direction. Lets play ball. Let's talk about airline pilot "experience". How about the "experienced" Northwest airline pilots who had 15,000 or 20,000 flight hours and 20 years of airline experience who allowed their airliner to fly 150 or so miles past the airport they were supposed to land at. Real experinced airline pilots flying that aircraft...NOT. How about the Colgan Airline crew back in Feb. 2009 who didn't know how to operate the airplane they flew for the airline and killed 50 people as a result. Some of you call me Flamebait are just that.....FLAMEBAIT!

If you want to begin a written confrontation, I will match you word for word!

I hope you are a flamer, for your sake. You are making yourself look like a moron. You will match me word for word? Through what, your wealth of experience? Instead of fighting those of us who have been around for a while, try listening. You may just learn something.

As to your comment regarding Northwest and Colgan, I must assume you are serious, since if this an attempt at some sort of humor it is humor in the worst possible taste. That being said, your example proves absolutely nothing and you obviously have no grasp of how experience and flight safety are related. Your Colgan related comment is especially stupid... That crew was not experienced by any measure, hence the accident. As for Northwest, a mistake was made and there was a lapse in judgment. It happens. No matter what the cause, an experienced professional files these incidents away as 'lessons learned' and moves on with his job. He does not use them as rocks to toss in some idiotic web board pissing contest.

You have no knowledge, no couth and are clueless regarding professionalism. I am not making nasty remarks, only observations based on your vitriolic babble.

I hope you are a flamer, for your sake. You are making yourself look like a moron. You will match me word for word? Through what, your wealth of experience? Instead of fighting those of us who have been around for a while, try listening. You may just learn something.

As to your comment regarding Northwest and Colgan, I must assume you are serious, since if this an attempt at some sort of humor it is humor in the worst possible taste. That being said, your example proves absolutely nothing and you obviously have no grasp of how experience and flight safety are related. Your Colgan related comment is especially stupid... That crew was not experienced by any measure, hence the accident. As for Northwest, a mistake was made and there was a lapse in judgment. It happens. No matter what the cause, an experienced professional files these incidents away as 'lessons learned' and moves on with his job. He does not use them as rocks to toss in some idiotic web board pissing contest.

You have no knowledge, no couth and are clueless regarding professionalism. I am not making nasty remarks, only observations based on your vitriolic babble.

If you ask me, no1pilot doenst seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer. just an observation. the quesions posed by him are very odd. it must be flame otherwise.

Ok... the RJ's are not the right choice for Piedmont. Is there a quieter turbo prop (if one exists) they can use for their operations? Maybe they can use the Q400 with the noise reduction technology?

A Dash-8 family/series is actually one of the quieter turboprops on the market. Sit in row 9 next time. What do you expect from 13 feet of rotating Kevlar 18" from your head? BTW, they rotate at 900 rpm or less in cruise...noisy...are you kidding me? Vibrations---yeah, but noisy? pffft!

Loud? B737-200 (JT8Ds) behind the wing...right next to the jet nozzle...you have to shout to talk to the person next to you.

T8

A Dash-8 family/series is actually one of the quieter turboprops on the market. Sit in row 9 next time. What do you expect from 13 feet of rotating Kevlar 18" from your head? BTW, they rotate at 900 rpm or less in cruise...noisy...are you kidding me? Vibrations---yeah, but noisy? pffft!

Loud? B737-200 (JT8Ds) behind the wing...right next to the jet nozzle...you have to shout to talk to the person next to you.

T8

I would like to see some noise data on the RJ's and Dash 8's in the back of the plane. The RJ's are loud as hell back there, on a Dash it's quiet.

I'm bored so decided to write about this guy.

I think I remember reading a while back that the OP is an older guy who is just doing GA stuff for fun. I might remember the name wrong, but I do remember thinking that one guy was a young kid but then he posted some info and he was an older guy who was just doing flying for fun...pretty sure it was the OP...anyways back to my point assuming that this isn't flamebait.

The Dash 8 is quite for a turboprop.

1900, J41, MU2, pretty much any other turboprop are louder than the Dash 8. From what I've seen it seems like pretty much the only turboprop that is quiter than the Dash 8 was the Donier 328. Only got to ride on that thing a few times...but man was that quite (I was a 1900 driver at the time). I've never been on a Q400 so no idea how loud it is.

The OP's questions do make sense when you realize that he is an older person who is just doing this for fun and has no real goal of entering the game.

Our Q200's back in the day with the NVS System was pretty damn impressive. Mx nightmare's but then the system was up and running it was a great passager convince item fosho!
But I'll agree in Trainer 8, in the back of a Dash in Cruise its way quieter then a RJ and if ur on a Dash8 300 then its uber quiet.

Bah, flame.

The forum handle alone is obvious, but the dropping of "CHUCK" in the Colgan thread points to a guy who really isn't as funny as JimboRealGoodPilot (RIP). Stirring the beans, as it were.

C'mon, kid. Drop some "turbokrap" and "krap" in your posts. Those of us who remember the hilarity would appreciate it.

You aren't funny, and I'll certainly match you word for word. Some of them might include "pusillanimous poltroon," or "puking beetle-headed scullion."

Bah, flame.

The forum handle alone is obvious, but the dropping of "CHUCK" in the Colgan thread points to a guy who really isn't as funny as JimboRealGoodPilot (RIP). Stirring the beans, as it were.

C'mon, kid. Drop some "turbokrap" and "krap" in your posts. Those of us who remember the hilarity would appreciate it.

You aren't funny, and I'll certainly match you word for word. Some of them might include "pusillanimous poltroon," or "puking beetle-headed scullion."

Sig you crack me up! I think you missed you're real calling!

Some of you 4,5,or 6,000+ hour airline pilots want to throw nasty memarks in my direction. Lets play ball. Let's talk about airline pilot "experience". How about the "experienced" Northwest airline pilots who had 15,000 or 20,000 flight hours and 20 years of airline experience who allowed their airliner to fly 150 or so miles past the airport they were supposed to land at. Real experinced airline pilots flying that aircraft...NOT. How about the Colgan Airline crew back in Feb. 2009 who didn't know how to operate the airplane they flew for the airline and killed 50 people as a result. Some of you call me Flamebait are just that.....FLAMEBAIT!

If you want to begin a written confrontation, I will match you word for word!

Get a girlfriend. Get laid. Get a life. You have nothing to do but to sit here and stir the pot with stupid $hit like this. Get uckfed ******************************bag.

Latest resources

Back