• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
get rid of the dash8? Bring back the Dash 7 !!!

There are times I wish I was in a jet, but then again when I am on a 10 mile final and still at 8,000ft and can still put it on the numbers it brings a smile to my face!!! :)

You can do that in a jet too and still be at 41000feets above the clouds.

The dash is nice because there is no tattler box to bust you for using the airplane's "full" potential...

Piedmont,

Quit hiring the No1pilot2000 dorks! They are flamebaiting turds that are as cool as Instructordude, yet aren't as funny as JimboRealGoodPilot.

Once again, we fell for it...

Piedmont could switch their fleet to RJ's then quickly go out of business because everyone would be going around, taxiing at 2mph, refusing to go around parked aircraft because they only have 200 yards clearance, and cancel the flight when the nosewheel steering is inop (can't do the 90 degree turn taking the runway).

The economics of an extremely experienced pilot group flying RJ's, never mind the fuel cost, does not make financial sense.

The dash is nice because there is no tattler box to bust you for using the airplane's "full" potential...

Tell me about it... When I was at QXE, I can't count how many times i heard the overspeed clacker on climbout...

P.S., you can here it alllll the way in the back row...

You haven't heard loud until you have sat in a...

-Metro
-Jetstream 31
-Fokker 27

When we would taxi the F-27 everyone would cover their ears even if they had hearing protection on, we called it the Fokker salute.

The Dornier 328 was a very quiet turbo prop,I still miss flying that airplane.

Ok... some like the Dash8 and some may not like this aircraft.

Onto other things. Have a question for Dash8 pilots. What are the two levers between the throttles and the flap lever?

why don't you refuse to fly on it then? the only way airways (not pdt) will replace the dash is if the customer changes his behavior. right now the majority buy based on price then schedule. very few buy based on aircrafy type. so why the hell should airways replace the cheapest seat/mile aircraft in their regional fleet? they won't. people whine about this little junky dirty noisy plane all day long. but at the end of the day they all still get on, sit down, strap in, shut up, and we still get their money.

Latest resources

Back