Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

no1pilot2000

I took a trip on Piedmont a week ago. The crews were nice but no matter where you sit in this airplane, those damned Dash 8's are the NOISIEST damned airplanes I have ever took a airline trip in. Is there a quieter turbo prop they can get or even a small RJ (E135 or 140) maybe.

Ok... the RJ's are not the right choice for Piedmont. Is there a quieter turbo prop (if one exists) they can use for their operations? Maybe they can use the Q400 with the noise reduction technology?

It's a prop, what do you want? Really, when you get the dash to cruise and pull the props back to 900RPM, it isn't very loud at all. Take off and landing, now that's another story. Like someone else said, you put the Dash next to something like a JBall or Metro with those Garretts and it sounds like nothing.

I took a trip on Piedmont a week ago. The crews were nice but no matter where you sit in this airplane, those damned Dash 8's are the NOISIEST damned airplanes I have ever took a airline trip in. Is there a quieter turbo prop they can get or even a small RJ (E135 or 140) maybe.

This from a guy that flies a Warrior, 150, 172!! Nice! Rock on dude!!

Actually in cruise I find our Dash 8 300's are quieter then a RJ. However on Takeoff it is surely a load beast!!!!!

There are times I wish I was in a jet, but then again when I am on a 10 mile final and still at 8,000ft and can still put it on the numbers it brings a smile to my face!!! :)

Latest resources

Back