• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything you say (outside of your opinion of it being intolerable to ride on- I'll get to that in a second) is absolutely correct. Folks are conditioned to so many irrational factors now- operating costs, fare pressure, stage length, etc- that they feel entitled to a jet anywhere at any time at a cost they think is still unreasonable. That's just BS, and we all know it.

Hell yes put jets on every single route! But if and only if the airline(s) charge(/s) a fare that (gasp) makes it profitable to do so.

As far as can't standing riding in one- if I role play myself into a flying CEO of the skies who hasn't been on a plane more than 10 hours TOTAL in my life (IOW, an average pax), I'd be pretty peeved at the ride. Too many of ours are shabby turds that are better suited as beer cans or on a stick outside an airport; noisome balls of discomfort that look like the equivalent of a mullet wearing disco god. But I personally still like riding in them... TD much? Safety? Fun as hell watching from the back a 5 bagger with a +/- 30 shear non precision approach? Knowing that V1 = Vr, therefore our V1 cuts by virtue (as all of us TP dawgs know) are vicious?

I'd be completely bonkers if I thought the Olde Dash even remotely came close to an E175 for pax comfort.

And regardless of the X% rule, the ones who make so much happen with so little support kick much butt. Freight dawgs/Cape Air dudes, then Lakers, then Saabsters, then PDTsters- then the rest of the automation managers. Zaaahhhhlllllliiiieeeeeee notwithstanding- he kicks arse anyway, but doing it in style in the Heavy Chevy. ;)

Proud as hell to call some of the best pilots out there my colleagues and mentors.

You is one ok dude Sig!

Thx,
Z.

When I ride shotgun for Sig I feel like this guy is really to smart to be flying Aircraft.
Oh yeah he is also a great stick and rudder pilot. Thanks Z.

On a lighter note I have flown with Captzaahile & OpecJet and they are not to shabby either! But there are not to many :confused: pilots at PDT.
Flysafe:cool:

Thanks Dash. Been a while since I've heard something positive!

I'm just a dork that digs loud planes, purty girls, cold beer and long overnights.

And anyone who is trying to make a better place at PDT or elsewhere- that's a big deal to me.

Other than that, I'm a line dawg. To those who know: The IPA is racked and ready. Hope to pour a few (dozen) pints at the the "Welcome Back" party.

This is quite the Sig lovefest!

It's deserved... Sig's a one of the good guys. Piedmont is loaded with them, you just have to get past the strange odor and turbine oil stained shirts.

And please speak up, some of us are a bit hard of hearing!

I might have missed this, but did we miss the point that the jumpseat rider got to his/her destination? I could care less if I rode on a mosquito with a 14' two bladed prop, I'm just happy to get where I'm going. I would never complain about a jumpseat ride on ANY airplane especially if they got me there. Maybe next time you can take the next carrier that flies to where you are going if the dash is too noisy for you.

Latest resources

Back