• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, No1. I was a bit peeved about your question. Granting out the possibility that you're NOTflame baiting,

Yes, it is loud.

No, the Dash is not a "takeoff, OK" plane. It requires you to fly it, and demands that you do so with competence.

It is probably the most disadvantaged plane in the 121 world regarding smooth landings: high wing, long throw gear, etc.

You actually have to make calculations for certain things (my ULTIMATE pet peeve with newhires). If you can't adjust a crossing restriction from ZDC after they tell you to start down NOW, well... If you can't, within 30 seconds, tell the gate agent we are out of bounds restriction wise, well...

Now I hear complaints of noise? Whatever. Piedmonsters- the ones who can, anyway- kick arse and make it work 6, 7, 8 legs a day. Too loud? Hmm. Let's compare the 172 limitations to the Dash....

Ok... some like the Dash8 and some may not like this aircraft.

Onto other things. Have a question for Dash8 pilots. What are the two levers between the throttles and the flap lever?

Are you serious?! You fly bug smashers and you're complaining about prop noise on a dash? I deadhead on em all the time and they're not that loud at all...certainly not as quiet as a jet but not that bad. You sir, are an idiot who should stop asking stupid questions.

Are you serious?! You fly bug smashers and you're complaining about prop noise on a dash? I deadhead on em all the time and they're not that loud at all...certainly not as quiet as a jet but not that bad. You sir, are an idiot who should stop asking stupid questions.

There are no stupid questions. Haven't you ever wondered whether an Airbus A320 nose gear stows forwards or backwards?

Or maybe, he's an enthusiast who doesn't know better asking inexperienced pilot questions. I know, let's cry about pilot unity and how mainline pilots treat you like crap then rag on a 172 pilot from our mighty stretch Challenger seat...

Latest resources

Back