• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you 4,5,or 6,000+ hour airline pilots want to throw nasty memarks in my direction. Lets play ball. Let's talk about airline pilot "experience". How about the "experienced" Northwest airline pilots who had 15,000 or 20,000 flight hours and 20 years of airline experience who allowed their airliner to fly 150 or so miles past the airport they were supposed to land at. Real experinced airline pilots flying that aircraft...NOT. How about the Colgan Airline crew back in Feb. 2009 who didn't know how to operate the airplane they flew for the airline and killed 50 people as a result. Some of you call me Flamebait are just that.....FLAMEBAIT!

If you want to begin a written confrontation, I will match you word for word!

Dashmosnter.....can't you do bettet than that?

You say dumbass? Damn... You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Dashmonster. Your comeback is as old as some of the Dash 8's that Piedmont flies.

Dashmosnter.....can't you do bettet than that?

You say dumbass? Damn... You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Dashmonster. Your comeback is as old as some of the Dash 8's that Piedmont flies.

You think a Dash 8 is old? Get a clue. Go take a peek up front on an old NWA/DL DC-9. Or better yet....go get checked out in the Dash and it might change your perspective.

DC-3's are old.......PDT Dash's just have a lot of time on them.

no1pilot, i'm not gonna fan your flames but do keep in mind that experience and mistakes are in two entirely different categories. The NWA pilots you reference clearly made a big mistake, mistakes of that magnitude are extremely rare in the airline industry.

The experience of those two individuals in all aspects of their job was immense, and they would have been able to handle just about anything you could throw at them. Did they screw up once? Yes.

When I flew the Dash I wore Telex 750s. Now I fly the WSCoD and I wear DC 13.4s. That is all.

Hey no1pilot2000 or whatever your name is, have fun in your 172 for the next 5 years! hahahaha....hahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahahahaha....I would be bitter too.

Some of you 4,5,or 6,000+ hour airline pilots want to throw nasty memarks in my direction. Lets play ball. Let's talk about airline pilot "experience". How about the "experienced" Northwest airline pilots who had 15,000 or 20,000 flight hours and 20 years of airline experience who allowed their airliner to fly 150 or so miles past the airport they were supposed to land at. Real experinced airline pilots flying that aircraft...NOT. How about the Colgan Airline crew back in Feb. 2009 who didn't know how to operate the airplane they flew for the airline and killed 50 people as a result. Some of you call me Flamebait are just that.....FLAMEBAIT!

If you want to begin a written confrontation, I will match you word for word!

Dude....Chill out!

The Dash8 would eat you alive! You come on and cry that you rode on a plane and it was loud!!! Come on! Toughen up a bit, pal! I gained more experience in the dash than you can dream of having. You should hope to be lucky enough to get the chance. So you are mandating that PDT just go ahead and "get rid of them", I'm sure they will just run out and do so because you asked!

You crack me up. So you can go word for word, huh. Why don't you just try to learn from others more experienced than you, and HOPE you never make a mistake. I assure you, however, you will. Humble up!

Latest resources

Back