• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont...get rid of those Dash 8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig you crack me up! I think you missed you're real calling!

Usually when people make the grammr error of "you are" they use your. But in this case you were supposed to use your but instead you used you're. Doesn't happen often so I thought I'd point it out.

Usually when people make the grammr error of "you are" they use your. But in this case you were supposed to use your but instead you used you're. Doesn't happen often so I thought I'd point it out.

Usually people spell 'grammar' with two a's.

I'd rather ride in the back of a Dash 8 than a CRJ 100 or 200.....especially true for Air Wisconsin's. They opted for the cheapest pax seats and interior.

So you are correcting my grammar and can't spell grammar! Just wanted to point that out :)

Hi everyone, I'm back. Ok...ok... hold down the boos......

I do apologize to all concerning my comments about the Dash 8 flown by Piedment. I didn't realize that my comments were going to be taken out of context. If you enjoy flying the Dash8, I wish you many happy flying hours in the cockpit of this aircraft.

I didn't realize that my comments were going to be taken out of context. If you enjoy flying the Dash8, I wish you many happy flying hours in the cockpit of this aircraft.

No, Scooter. I didn't take a word one out of context- you aren't getting off with a white flag and an apology.

You post flame bait, rattle off tautological pap, and challenge folks (ME) "word for word." If you're an up-and-coming line dog, welcome to the fray. But remember this- discretion is the better part of valor.

We'll chit chat the lingo with you, but you haven't even crawled the walk yet.

Unless you're just stirring the beans.

*Edit-

I realize now I completely missed the point. IFF (that's a logic term, look it up) you are truly what you represent yourself to be, don't come into my house and pee on the rug. Lots and lots of folks on here, myself included, will be happy to talk about our never ending saga of learning our craft as line dogs. But if you're just a flame baiter, make it FUNNY.

Last edited:
Sig you crack me up! I think you missed you're real calling!

LOL! YGTBSM. I'm just a FNG FO, no idea what's going on. Not even a decade yet in the 121 world. But 15 years of getting medicals has given me a lot of funny stories...

Ok... some like the Dash8 and some may not like this aircraft.

Onto other things. Have a question for Dash8 pilots. What are the two levers between the throttles and the flap lever?

You're kidding us right?

Mom and Dad should never have signed you up for the pilots forum.....
Try the cartoon network site, you might even find an airplane game there.

Our Q200's back in the day with the NVS System was pretty damn impressive. Mx nightmare's but then the system was up and running it was a great passager convince item fosho!
But I'll agree in Trainer 8, in the back of a Dash in Cruise its way quieter then a RJ and if ur on a Dash8 300 then its uber quiet.

Surf, that NVS was really good stuff!
Huge dif. when it was turned on and off in flt to see the noise difference. And then remember what mission control did in all their wisdom? They deactivated the whole friggin system to save a few bucks on maintaining it! It was all the years of little idiotic things and watching just out high school gate and ramp agents $hit on customers that finally made me seek better. Dont get me wrong I watched the military do a few dumb things (ground handling us) this last charter thru Greenland and the Azores over the weekend but over all the difference is night and day when you leave the express level.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back