• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picken's $700 Billion Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So it would add only about 1% to world supply, and would have a negligable affect on oil prices.
You have been saying this over and over again yet are missing one simple point. It is not a proportional change in price. For example, over the last 10 years, the world has increased consumption 2 million bpd over supply. If you take out the artificial highs from speculating and assume a real demand cost of $65 per barrel, then you have a 100% increase in price over a 2%-3% increase in consumption. Adding 1%-3% in supply will have an affect on prices....regardless of where it is sold.

Seriously....how can you not like a guy willing to ride on a nuclear missile dropped from an Air Force bomber?

Oh...wait.....I think that was Slim Pickens....nevermind

C'mon....eight pages of posts and no T.Boone/Slim Pickens Dr. Strangelove jokes!

HERE is the best of it all. The Canadians are Drilling into ANWR from there side of the border, at a 45 degree angle and pumping it out. HAAAA the jokes on us !!!!

Here is the dumbest part of your whole load of crapp. If the Canadians are drilling it, then that oil is going into the worlds supply and demand equation. It doesn't matter if it is US oil, or canadian oil, or saudi oil. It is a world supply and demand formula.

What is the current retail price for a barrel of US oil? Didn't think so. The only people in the US that would directly benefit is oil companies and there employees.

It's fairly simple. Use what infrastructures and technology that are already in place...

1. Nuclear power for the grid (produce hydrogen at night...like the FRENCH)
2. Natural gas for the cars (plenty of it/cheap/clean)
3. Kerosene for the jets.

You can thank me later.

Dude, did you just say that natural gas is plentiful and cheap??? LMAO!!

The price has doubled over the past year and production in North America is basically peaking now. Or will in the next few years. Now imagine what will happen if you introduce a gargantuan new source of demand for this fuel (personal automobiles).

Can you say price shocks and shortages?

Wake the heck up and take a reality check, will ya?

For $1.2 trillion, we can have 240 nuclear plants at $5 billion a piece. Nuclear power wins this contest hands down.

Where are you going to get the uranium?

Uranium is in serious shortage. In fact, it's in much greater shortage than oil since the world produces enough oil to meet world crude demand every year, but only produces 60% of the annual uranium demand. The shortfall is made up from inventories, decomissioned old Soviet nukes, etc.

You may also have noticed the price of uranium skyrocketed by well over 1,000 percent in the first 7 years of this decade as this shortfall situation has become more apparent. It has since had a sharp correction, but you can bet after it consolidates awhile it will climb skyward again. Especially if you were to announce massive new orders of nuke plants here in the USA!!

So riddle me this Batman. If the world can produce 100% of oil demanded every year, but only 60% of the uranium demanded, wouldn't it make more sense to start shutting down nuclear power plants and replacing them with oil fired plants?

Think before you type, my friend. No one should ever be able to propose nuclear as a solution to the energy crisis without first saying where the uranium will come from!! What are you gonna do, s--t it out?

Where are you going to get the uranium?

Uranium is in serious shortage. In fact, it's in much greater shortage than oil since the world produces enough oil to meet world crude demand every year, but only produces 60% of the annual uranium demand. The shortfall is made up from inventories, decomissioned old Soviet nukes, etc.

You may also have noticed the price of uranium skyrocketed by well over 1,000 percent in the first 7 years of this decade as this shortfall situation has become more apparent. It has since had a sharp correction, but you can bet after it consolidates awhile it will climb skyward again. Especially if you were to announce massive new orders of nuke plants here in the USA!!

So riddle me this Batman. If the world can produce 100% of oil demanded every year, but only 60% of the uranium demanded, wouldn't it make more sense to start shutting down nuclear power plants and replacing them with oil fired plants?

Think before you type, my friend. No one should ever be able to propose nuclear as a solution to the energy crisis without first saying where the uranium will come from!! What are you gonna do, s--t it out?

Got any sources (credible) on this one? There is uranium in NM and other places in the US. The mines have been shut down for a while due to lack of US demand.

Dude, did you just say that natural gas is plentiful and cheap??? LMAO!!

The price has doubled over the past year and production in North America is basically peaking now. Or will in the next few years. Now imagine what will happen if you introduce a gargantuan new source of demand for this fuel (personal automobiles).

Can you say price shocks and shortages?

Wake the heck up and take a reality check, will ya?

T Boone Picken's plan is to replace a percentage of the electrical production from natural gas by using wind power. Thus that natural gas would be available to power cars. Not all cars.

HERE is the best of it all. The Canadians are Drilling into ANWR from there side of the border, at a 45 degree angle and pumping it out. HAAAA the jokes on us !!!!

Source? This has as much validity as the Chinese angle drilling off our coasts to steal our oil. I've flown in the Alaska/Canada border Arctic Ocean area, didn't see any oil wells on the Canadian side. Prove me wrong and I'll admit it.

Here is the dumbest part of your whole load of crapp. If the Canadians are drilling it, then that oil is going into the worlds supply and demand equation. It doesn't matter if it is US oil, or canadian oil, or saudi oil. It is a world supply and demand formula.

What is the current retail price for a barrel of US oil? Didn't think so. The only people in the US that would directly benefit is oil companies and there employees.

They are drilling at a 45* (directional drilling) and they are limited on hitting the "Big pool". So Mr. Smart AZZ I never mentioned that oil was a single US commodity. BUT why are we not in there as well pumping it out. There is only so many rigs (4 to be exact) that the Canadians can get in the location needed to do the directional drilling. The oil pumped out of Alaska would most likely never be refined in the U.S. SO what, it adds to the overall supply. The Canadians are also having logistical problmems getting the oil shipped out. They trans-Canadian pipeline is not done, so they are limited that way as well. We have a 900 mile pipeline in place, another 58 miles of flat tundra to plug into it! Big deal. It would mean jobs for Americans as well. Go back to your load of crap and eat it.

Here is the dumbest part of your whole load of crapp. If the Canadians are drilling it, then that oil is going into the worlds supply and demand equation.
More rigs = more oil

There is not a finite amount that can be drilled at any given time....of course until its gone...

Latest resources

Back