• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Picken's $700 Billion Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone think that with all the money being made by those in charge that things are going to change? Why would they mess up a perfectly good business plan?

I think Picken's plan is awesome. My only concern is that he's so damn old. I hope he has a plan in place for this to continue if he kicks off.

Massachusetts has tried to harness the wind offshore, Mr. Irrelevant, Ted Kennedy shot that one down. Windmills are like prisons, everyone knows we need them, just not near my house.

You are right, but money talks. With no relief at the pump, hopefully people will start accepting the drawbacks of alternative energy.

no one - no politician, no presidential candidate, no one has a realistic plan to reduce energy costs

The Congressional Republicans passed bills in the House and the Senate 5 times in the 90's to open our country to drilling in the ANWR and the OCS. Bill Clinton vetoed all 5 bills.

In the 2000's the Republican controlled House passed the very same bill, but when it made it to the Republican controlled Senate it failed by 1 vote (John McCain). Thanks John, you knucklehead! Fortunately he now sees the error of his way and is FOR drilling.

Now, with the country in dire financial straights, President Bush has lifted the Presidential moratorium on drilling in the OCS, however there is still a congressional moratorium in place and the Democrats aren't budging.

If you like $4-5 gas you can thank the Democrats, they have publicly stated that the US needs to pay more for oil and gasoline. They have made it all but impossible for the US to drill for oil in our largest reserves, build nuclear power plants, build new refineries, or use clean burning coal technology. The party of "NO". We are going to reduce our way to the solution?!?!? I've seen a lot of airlines try that, it doesn't work.

I don't want to tell you who to vote for, but to say no one has a plan to reduce our foreign oil consumption problem is just outright wrong.

"Hope and Change". If you don't change, all you'll have is hope. "Hope" ain't gonna get those gas prices down.

The Congressional Republicans passed bills in the House and the Senate 5 times in the 90's to open our country to drilling in the ANWR and the OCS. Bill Clinton vetoed all 5 bills.

In the 2000's the Republican controlled House passed the very same bill, but when it made it to the Republican controlled Senate it failed by 1 vote (John McCain). Thanks John, you knucklehead! Fortunately he now sees the error of his way and is FOR drilling.

Now, with the country in dire financial straights, President Bush has lifted the Presidential moratorium on drilling in the OCS, however there is still a congressional moratorium in place and the Democrats aren't budging.

If you like $4-5 gas you can thank the Democrats, they have publicly stated that the US needs to pay more for oil and gasoline. They have made it all but impossible for the US to drill for oil in our largest reserves, build nuclear power plants, build new refineries, or use clean burning coal technology. The party of "NO". We are going to reduce our way to the solution?!?!? I've seen a lot of airlines try that, it doesn't work.

I don't want to tell you who to vote for, but to say no one has a plan to reduce our foreign oil consumption problem is just outright wrong.

"Hope and Change". If you don't change, all you'll have is hope. "Hope" ain't gonna get those gas prices down.
wow !

I signed up to be a member of Picken's Army at www.pickensplan.com

I'm one of 36,572 people that have signed up already.

I then emailed 35 of my friends and family to ask them to join his army to get this done.

I've written congressmen and that didn't help. Maybe Pickens can do it? Let's help him!

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem............

Join his army and get others to as well,
Jet

Last edited:
I like T-Bone Pickens. However, I'm leery of him. T-Bone made an enormous amount of money in crude oil speculation. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

For instance Reuters (News Wire) would ask him during interviews what he thought crude oil futures would do. At a time when T-Bone had enormous investments in crude oil futures he would state that crude oil would skyrocket to some previously thought insane highs. And it eventually made it there. Had Reuters asked the CEO of Merrill Lynch or the Prez of Caterpillar Corp the same questions about the commodities their businesses were invested in, they'd go to prison for market manipulation. But hey, it's T-Bone so nobody cares...

T-Bone has made enough money in crude oil futures to invest extemely heavily in renewable energy, which is the industry he is now pimping. I'm pretty sure he sees the future of crude oil highs hitting the skids.

T-Bone might be doing it for America, but I suspect if you took all possibility away that he'd make a profit in this new industry he'd forget about his plan. So if there were no profit involved, do you think he'd be so gung-ho on his plan?

I only ask this question because the guy has been around a long time, and so has the potential for the US to get screwed on foreign oil dependence, and he just now came up with this idea? Or was it a changing market that helped him along with his idea?

Food for thought....

By how much will price come down? Are we talking about 40-50%, or would it be more like 0.5%? Looking forward to hear your answer..

So the rest of the world should blame the democrats for $145 per barrel?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back