Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's a good one.....:smash:

Did something similar with a master caution light. It wouldn't come on, so I kept pushing it until the smoke came out. Oops....

That's part of verifying that the caution light system is powered!
Sounds logical to me..... lol

That's a good one.....:smash:

Did something similar with a master caution light. It wouldn't come on, so I kept pushing it until the smoke came out. Oops....
The same thing happens in a Jetstream31 when you hold the lamp test. In flight, the engines shut down too.

How did you write that one up for maintenance?
I wrote it up as a bird strike.....

We had pigeons that would come into the a/c on the old ramp in PHL because people would feed them a trail of peanuts and lure them ... I figured I could say one just took off in the wrong direction.........

OK, I'm bullsh!ting you (but people really did do that in PHL , and took pictures of it calling them live crew meals!) :D
Actually I sheepishly told the mechanic the truth....
Mechanic Bill was a guy I knew for better than 4 years he didn't give any more a sh1t than I did.....
Of course he playfully gave me a hard time for it, but I never heard anything from the CP. Stuff happens ya know?:erm:

I wrote it up as a bird strike.....

We had pigeons that would come into the a/c on the old ramp in PHL because people would feed them a trail of peanuts and lure them ... I figured I could say one just took off in the wrong direction.........
That was always funny. You're taking a nap and wake up and a dozen pigeons are walking around under the seats and a ramper is sneaking a drink from the galley. Those were the bad ole times.

That was always funny. You're taking a nap and wake up and a dozen pigeons are walking around under the seats and a ramper is sneaking a drink from the galley. Those were the bad ole times.

Ever hear the one of the guys who took off out of JAX, where the captain took a small bird to the face right after gear up call? One was under the panel or something, flies out, hits the cap in the face, FO is laughing too hard to take the airplane...

The fix was opening the cockpit door, letting the bird fly to the back and continuing to the destination.

Best one I personally saw was a swarm of bees fly into the open cargo door of a -300. Rampies were bailing out, then pax bailing out of the open door nearly running over the gate agent trying to keep them from going behind the wing. Airplane spent the rest of the day in CLT being fumigated by the one mechanic who wasn't allergic to the little bastards.

Marching through the slush to the ops trailer waz always fun too.... ( you risked getting carried away by an ice flow or nailed by a tug) not to mention the complimentary Ebonics lessons in the trailer.... I'd eats mah lunch at a picnic table ands couldents even understand whatz i'z waz hearing and what not..... fun times....

I wonder how anything got done.....

Can anyone confirm that LEC and MEC reps are telling people that a total of 8 planes are now "guaranteed" to be gone? Only 3 -100's fates are still unknown to the company. The second group of 4 airplanes will be gone in the fall................................

Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy!

Can anyone confirm that LEC and MEC reps are telling people that a total of 8 planes are now "guaranteed" to be gone? Only 3 -100's fates are still unknown to the company. The second group of 4 airplanes will be gone in the fall................................

Piedmont Airlines

Rule #1 No news is always good news.
Rule #2 Any news in always bad news.

Good News & Piedmont Airlines hasn't been used in the same sentence in over 7 years.

This is not true.

Latest resources

Back