Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be the one who goes to bat for the ol' T since he was one of the ones who went to bat for me when I needed it, and turned out to be a good friend to boot even before that happened.

Get to know the guy, and you'll probably end up liking him. He's a good egg all around. First time I met / flew with the guy I didn't think we'd end up getting along too well. I was wrong about that. Go have a beer with the guy and you'll see what I mean.

I heard a short and condensed version of the feathering thing, and it's exactly what I would have done. Also what the checklist says to do.

I have also feathered it because of an oil transmitter. That's what the checklist says to do. How do you know that it's just the gauge?

I'll be the one who goes to bat for the ol' T since he was one of the ones who went to bat for me when I needed it, and turned out to be a good friend to boot even before that happened.

Get to know the guy, and you'll probably end up liking him. He's a good egg all around. First time I met / flew with the guy I didn't think we'd end up getting along too well. I was wrong about that. Go have a beer with the guy and you'll see what I mean.

I heard a short and condensed version of the feathering thing, and it's exactly what I would have done. Also what the checklist says to do.

I agree... Not being there I wouldn't want to second guess the captain in question. "T" is particular and an occassional trail to his FOs, but he knows the airplane.

That being said I do believe the checklist says to shut the engine down if you get the ENG OIL PRESS warning light OR if the pressure is noted below 40 psi. If you noticed the pressure was on the low side... It could be a bad gauge, or you could have a faulty pressure switch for the light. I think that is why the checklist reads the way it does.

Last edited:
We had a lot of oil press sensor failures in the D328. I got one during cruise and just reduced power to idle for a minute and then the engine seized up. It actually wasn't a sensor problem, it was real.

As a new capt many years ago, I found one of those oil pressure gauges reading on the low side and tapped it with the back of my cross pen until the glass shattered.... showed it who the boss was!
:laugh:

As a new capt many years ago, I found one of those oil pressure gauges reading on the low side and tapped it with the back of my cross pen until the glass shattered.... showed it who the boss was!
:laugh:

That's a good one.....:smash:

Did something similar with a master caution light. It wouldn't come on, so I kept pushing it until the smoke came out. Oops....

Latest resources

Back