Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PSA updated their pilot hiring page as of 2/9/09

more false hope, says they are not hiring, but accepting resumes

and

Competitive Qualifications are:
*1000 Total Hours
*500 Multi-Engine Hours
*or Previous 121, 135 or CRJ training.

is new

so, i love false hope, at least i dont feel like total ******************** today after seeing there was no attrition

http://psaairlines.net/employment/otheropenings.asp?RecordID=224

Sorry Piedmonsters for hijacking, but I love you guys, think of it as a tooth "poking."

Last edited:
Back in 2003 the chief pilot came into class (company recurrent) and said "we're hoping to turn the Dash 8 into the next DC3

That's funny

Last edited:
Hang in there Monsters. Your day will come, I dont know when but it will. You guys are too efficient of an airline and you do what you do well. Senority is everything no matter where you go. The ship that everyone else was jumping on a few years ago has sailed.

PSA updated their pilot hiring page as of 2/9/09

more false hope, says they are not hiring, but accepting resumes

and

Competitive Qualifications are:
*1000 Total Hours
*500 Multi-Engine Hours
*or Previous 121, 135 or CRJ training.

is new

so, i love false hope, at least i dont feel like total ******************** today after seeing there was no attrition

http://psaairlines.net/employment/otheropenings.asp?RecordID=224

Sorry Piedmonsters for hijacking, but I love you guys, think of it as a tooth "poking."

I hate to be negative, but PDT said the same thing a few months back and now look where we are. Just saying don't get your hopes up...it just hurts more when things don't work out.

Accepting resumes does not imply hiring. If people would just understand that, it would save a lot of stress.

If its free to keep the resume pool fresh, why not do it? We were doing everything we could that did not cost money to be prepared to take over Mesa's Dash 8 flying out West. Since it appears they will be successful restructuring the bonds (with the exception of the rescinding of the recent 2024 bond agreement) our likelihood of going out West diminished to the point its not worth doing anything material.

I was in PHX the other day and saw a "HA" Dash. It looked lost out there. I just wanted to put a leash on it and lead it home.

This place is screwed. By the end of the year I will probably be a 4+ year FO on straight reserve. The only CA's left will be from MDT because everyone else will be furloughed.

I've stuck by this place when everyone else hired in the same year +/- 1 has pretty much left. I used to think that leaving so soon after being hired at PDT would be counter-productive to my career, but now I feel stupid for wasting my time. All those guys are captains on an E-170 now making more than double my pay with no end in sight.

If anyone starts hiring again I'm out of here.

P.S. I know none of you care, and will probably flame me for this post, but I had to get it out of my system.

Hang in there. I wouldn't just leave for any place that is hiring. I have questions in my mind every now and then if leaving was the right choice. The PDT contract for QOL is pretty damn good for a regional. Other places will have work rules you don't like and aren't used to. You may have to commute again. Do you really want to sleep on the floor of a dirty basement? (Thanks for paying my rent by the way and letting me stay there for almost free!)

I will admit though, I may be on the bottom of the CA list where I am at, I feel more secure now. It seems my company is fighting for new flying (still a WO), whereas PDT never gave the impression they wanted anything more than Airways just gave them without them working for it. If you leave now, you'll be on straight reserve no matter where you go. I really don't think you'll be back to straight rsv. You're fairly senior in LGA. Pick your head up and smile with the schedule you have. Every airline is just about the same and none of them are very people/pilot oriented. They don't care about us as long as we fly the planes no matter what. Fly now, Grieve later.

Damnit, enjoy what you have. I sometimes wish I was still there. The Dash is downright the best turboprop to fly. Most reliable, best performance, most fun. PDT alomst has a cargo carrier attitude. The cowboy of 121 carriers. Who else can t/o or land with a 20 knot tailwind? 90 knot approach speed flaps 35? That's Cessna speeds.

I would trade my job and seniority for yours (the same I would have if I was still there) anyday. There is something to be said for QOL, which I don't have. I hope the best for everyone at PDT. If you need a pep talk about staying and the industry improving in the next 12-18 months, one of our former SYR CAs that left for mainline is the best source. I just talked to him the other day, and whether it happens or not, he predicts with good reasons, the industry is going to improve drastically in that time frame.

Either way, long time, no see, we need to catch up with a beer, and I'll be in NYC later this spring and will give you a shout.

Hang in there. I wouldn't just leave for any place that is hiring. I have questions in my mind every now and then if leaving was the right choice. The PDT contract for QOL is pretty damn good for a regional. Other places will have work rules you don't like and aren't used to. You may have to commute again. Do you really want to sleep on the floor of a dirty basement? (Thanks for paying my rent by the way and letting me stay there for almost free!)

I will admit though, I may be on the bottom of the CA list where I am at, I feel more secure now. It seems my company is fighting for new flying (still a WO), whereas PDT never gave the impression they wanted anything more than Airways just gave them without them working for it. If you leave now, you'll be on straight reserve no matter where you go. I really don't think you'll be back to straight rsv. You're fairly senior in LGA. Pick your head up and smile with the schedule you have. Every airline is just about the same and none of them are very people/pilot oriented. They don't care about us as long as we fly the planes no matter what. Fly now, Grieve later.

Damnit, enjoy what you have. I sometimes wish I was still there. The Dash is downright the best turboprop to fly. Most reliable, best performance, most fun. PDT alomst has a cargo carrier attitude. The cowboy of 121 carriers. Who else can t/o or land with a 20 knot tailwind? 90 knot approach speed flaps 35? That's Cessna speeds.

I would trade my job and seniority for yours (the same I would have if I was still there) anyday. There is something to be said for QOL, which I don't have. I hope the best for everyone at PDT. If you need a pep talk about staying and the industry improving in the next 12-18 months, one of our former SYR CAs that left for mainline is the best source. I just talked to him the other day, and whether it happens or not, he predicts with good reasons, the industry is going to improve drastically in that time frame.

Either way, long time, no see, we need to catch up with a beer, and I'll be in NYC later this spring and will give you a shout.

Twighead,

There you go. Right out of the mouth of someone that has been here and left.

I would just stick it out. Things might start to shake up now that it looks like ALPA legal is gonna start working on our side with the flowthru.

Who knows, but I think you leaving after 4 years would be a grave mistake.

Good Luck on with whatever you do.

Last edited:

Where do you work at?? your opinion/coment would carry a bit more weight if we knew where you work at......if you don't want to tell us (for whatever reason), its cool

Latest resources

Back