Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did anyone else notice we're doing Hilton Head - DCA in march?

That used to run every summer. You're going to be restricted to about 30 pax if you don't have an alternate.

Not until the economy recovers at all, and I don't think you will see it recover anywhere near $100 a barrel for a long long time, if ever.

So the economy was doing great when oil was 130.00 a barrel?

I think personally you will see 100.00 barrels again by the end of the year.

So the economy was doing great when oil was 130.00 a barrel?

I think personally you will see 100.00 barrels again by the end of the year.

It wasn't great, but it was a lot better then it is now. I just can't see any justification for 100.00 a barrel oil, nor could I see the justification before when it was that price. There has to be some catalyst for it to go that high, and considering people are still conserving and oil demand is waaaayyyyy down due to the slow economy, I don't see anything short of a major war with Iran that could push the price that high.

It wasn't great, but it was a lot better then it is now. I just can't see any justification for 100.00 a barrel oil, nor could I see the justification before when it was that price. There has to be some catalyst for it to go that high, and considering people are still conserving and oil demand is waaaayyyyy down due to the slow economy, I don't see anything short of a major war with Iran that could push the price that high.

While I agree, you must remember we are dealing with the middle east. What better way to put the screws to us. Plus Iran isn't even our biggest oil exporter.

It wasnt the Middle East, it was speculators. People are able to control vast amounts of oil with very little capital using option. If enough people gain the rights to 100X the oil you have capital against, the price will go up pretty quickly.

Yeah we should really blame Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans for oil prices.... Since that's where the vast majority of ours comes from.... It really doesn't matter where it comes from.

IOU's and shady investment bank price predictions are what blew up the oil prices. OPEC's influence had been marginalized by rampant irrational exuberance.

spoke with the gool ole regional CP says high intrest for our Dashs in Europe...go figure...lessor wanted some astronomical price to renew...company not negotiating anymore on those 4 aircraft and no negotiations ongoing for replacement aircraft. Says worst possible outcome is we operate the 33 we own with the 11 -300's at the end of the year. Whatever happened to you have to spend money to make money? Its not like we cant make money even with the higher lease rate! Oh right SF is in charge! I suspect furloughs in the future and I am going with J Hall...this place will be tango uniform by years end!

spoke with the gool ole regional CP says high intrest for our Dashs in Europe...go figure...lessor wanted some astronomical price to renew...company not negotiating anymore on those 4 aircraft and no negotiations ongoing for replacement aircraft. Says worst possible outcome is we operate the 33 we own with the 11 -300's at the end of the year. Whatever happened to you have to spend money to make money? Its not like we cant make money even with the higher lease rate! Oh right SF is in charge! I suspect furloughs in the future and I am going with J Hall...this place will be tango uniform by years end!

Under that logic they might as well SELL the 33 we own too - because you sure as hell wont be able to sell them in 2014/2015 when the 300 leases expire. By then, far too many cycles for the maintenance costs/time to be worth flying them anymore.

Selling the owned 100s now provides a cash infusion to Airways which it can use to wholly-bone a couple more CRJs too.

Plus, hey, everyone likes shiny jet toys because they make cooler desk models in the PHX executive suites.

Whatever happened to you have to spend money to make money? Its not like we cant make money even with the higher lease rate!

You gotta realize they have already reduced RJ feed drastically on the routes PDT flies, while increasing the block hours PDT flew. At some point, the increase in carrying costs of the leased RJ's sitting idle outweighs the increased efficiency of the Dash fleet, especially if the lease costs of a dash increase dramatically. There was a pdf file on the PDT website from a few months ago that mentioned the lease costs went from 15k a month to 30k a month for a Dash. And that was prior to the negotiations for these 4!

Latest resources

Back