Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where do you work at?? your opinion/coment would carry a bit more weight if we knew where you work at......if you don't want to tell us (for whatever reason), its cool

Unless its Mesa it doesn't really matter. We all suck in one way or the other.

Some fly cool airplanes that pay sh$t. Some have good contracts that fly Sh$t. Some fly okay planes with okay contracts with no upgrades in sight. Some pay sh&t and have a sh&t contract but offer fast upgrades.

So really does it matter. I think we are all found somewhere in there.

Unless its Mesa it doesn't really matter. We all suck in one way or the other.

Some fly cool airplanes that pay sh$t. Some have good contracts that fly Sh$t. Some fly okay planes with okay contracts with no upgrades in sight. Some pay sh&t and have a sh&t contract but offer fast upgrades.

So really does it matter. I think we are all found somewhere in there.

Appreciate all the advice guys.

...and he's a former PDT who now works at Mesaba

[MY OPINION, WITH RELEVANT FACTS]

Twig-

This is exactly what SF wants, because this is how SF gets. When we were floating Q400 rates, one senior CA very much begged certain powers that be to roll over and accept current 100 payrates for possible LTPs on property.

Why?

He was terrified. And he wasn't alone. He and his ilk were staring down the barrel of a bunch of much younger, much less pensioned (!!), much less paid and therefore having much less to lose pilots willing to burn this place down. It was all so much a chimera on a turd tower we now know, but the night time whatifs strike hard and powerfully.

That's one WAYYYY senior view of how things can look threatening or just downright terrible- and the reaction thereto.

Your reaction to this damned frustrating turn of events is absolutely warranted, but don't let it burn you out. It will win, and by extension, so will management.

Sit back, take a breath, look around.

If ANYTHING, you're in the most understaffed base, far from the bottom systemwide, and are for now making a paycheck. That's the absolute minimum way of looking at this place- and don't let the feeling of a stagnating career or your back against the wall lead to giving in to the spiraling sheetstorm that will keep you up late.

You probably won't have to move bases. I almost certainly will, unless I downgrade. Downgrade isn't nearly as bad to me as a forced commute- a base closure/realignment is my nightmare of nightmares. In fact, a downgrade would be an extreme boost to my QOL. And it won't happen until I'm forced to do so.

We are so far from the bottom of this thing, too. Hold tight- it's going to be a rough, rough ride. Don't let this burn you out. Show up, work, go home- and leave this place in the crew room.

When the time comes and the decision is to be made, pull the ripcord and shout "AMF, SUCK IT!" Don't look back. But for now, don't fret. There are many, many worse places to be (on the street!??) until it all picks up again.

[MY OPINION, WITH RELEVANT FACTS]

Twig-

This is exactly what SF wants, because this is how SF gets. When we were floating Q400 rates, one senior CA very much begged certain powers that be to roll over and accept current 100 payrates for possible LTPs on property.

Why?

He was terrified. And he wasn't alone. He and his ilk were staring down the barrel of a bunch of much younger, much less pensioned (!!), much less paid and therefore having much less to lose pilots willing to burn this place down. It was all so much a chimera on a turd tower we now know, but the night time whatifs strike hard and powerfully.

That's one WAYYYY senior view of how things can look threatening or just downright terrible- and the reaction thereto.

Your reaction to this damned frustrating turn of events is absolutely warranted, but don't let it burn you out. It will win, and by extension, so will management.

Sit back, take a breath, look around.

If ANYTHING, you're in the most understaffed base, far from the bottom systemwide, and are for now making a paycheck. That's the absolute minimum way of looking at this place- and don't let the feeling of a stagnating career or your back against the wall lead to giving in to the spiraling sheetstorm that will keep you up late.

You probably won't have to move bases. I almost certainly will, unless I downgrade. Downgrade isn't nearly as bad to me as a forced commute- a base closure/realignment is my nightmare of nightmares. In fact, a downgrade would be an extreme boost to my QOL. And it won't happen until I'm forced to do so.

We are so far from the bottom of this thing, too. Hold tight- it's going to be a rough, rough ride. Don't let this burn you out. Show up, work, go home- and leave this place in the crew room.

When the time comes and the decision is to be made, pull the ripcord and shout "AMF, SUCK IT!" Don't look back. But for now, don't fret. There are many, many worse places to be (on the street!??) until it all picks up again.

I hear what you guys are saying. I probably won't be going anywhere, and I will show up and do my job. There are definitely those out there that are worse off than me and I am trying to stay positive. Overall, I am fairly satisfied working here and I wouldn't leave this place for just any flying job.

The main problem is I used to believe that we were a piece of the future for US Airways, even if it was a small one. I no longer believe that. I go into work now and pretty much feel like the only thing I'm doing is being a place holder for US Air LGA slots until they can find something better and then drop us.

There is no investment into this company of any kind- airplanes, avionics, software for scheduling or payroll, the list goes on and on. (aside from things we get for free from the FAA or other companies). Not even when the economy was good. This place is almost archaic- we don't even have company email.

I know other regionals can easily fail too, but it won't be for the same reasons as PDT. They may fail for economic reasons, but at least they try to invest into new equipment, flying and improving their position. We do none of those things and it is frustrating and depressing.

I know there are good things at PDT also, and for the most part I like working here and I like flying with all (most :p) you guys. There is a lot of potential for things to get better here and it just seems to be wasted. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be here with everyone else to sink with this ship.

P.S. If that CA you were talking about has a last intial of "T", I really dislike that DB.

Ahahaha, Have you be T****rtized Twighead??? I personally love his recent exploits feathering that engine because of a bad gauge.....

Lot's of Senior Papi's stewing the doom and gloom in the crew room. Hopefully the company offers early retirement to those guys; for their sake and ours.

Best of luck to all the Piedmonsters. My short stint their was some of the most fun I have had with my clothes on! :blush:

Ahahaha, Have you be T****rtized Twighead??? I personally love his recent exploits feathering that engine because of a bad gauge.....

Lot's of Senior Papi's stewing the doom and gloom in the crew room. Hopefully the company offers early retirement to those guys; for their sake and ours.

Rofl depsite numerous swaps I still get T*****tized once in a while. I don't think I have heard about this feathering incident you speak of though. Do tell.

I do have a couple of good stories about him, but they are better told in person :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back