Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This place is screwed. By the end of the year I will probably be a 4+ year FO on straight reserve. The only CA's left will be from MDT because everyone else will be furloughed.

I've stuck by this place when everyone else hired in the same year +/- 1 has pretty much left. I used to think that leaving so soon after being hired at PDT would be counter-productive to my career, but now I feel stupid for wasting my time. All those guys are captains on an E-170 now making more than double my pay with no end in sight.

If anyone starts hiring again I'm out of here.

P.S. I know none of you care, and will probably flame me for this post, but I had to get it out of my system.

This place is screwed. By the end of the year I will probably be a 4+ year FO on straight reserve. The only CA's left will be from MDT because everyone else will be furloughed.

I've stuck by this place when everyone else hired in the same year +/- 1 has pretty much left. I used to think that leaving so soon after being hired at PDT would be counter-productive to my career, but now I feel stupid for wasting my time. All those guys are captains on an E-170 now making more than double my pay with no end in sight.

P.S. I know none of you care, and will probably flame me for this post, but I had to get it out of my system.

lateral moves to another regional are rarely good

Yeah we should really blame Americans, Canadians, and Mexicans for oil prices.... Since that's where the vast majority of ours comes from.... It really doesn't matter where it comes from.

IOU's and shady investment bank price predictions are what blew up the oil prices. OPEC's influence had been marginalized by rampant irrational exuberance.

It was flight to quality when equities started to fall, and that flight created a speculative bubble.

Anyway, the natural price of oil is about $70-80/bbl at July 2008 dollars.

Nobody will flame you for feeling the way you do. I was a FO for almost 5 years before I upgraded and I learned a bunch which has helped me plenty of times as a Captain. However after 4 years you're ready to move over and it can get frustrating.

Piedmont is what it is. Think about us Captain's and how frustrated we are also. No new planes, No movement so its a Build up, Reserve or a Crappy line. No airline hiring to help get out of here.

To make a move now would be crazy. Most of the regionals right now are gonna be stagnet or reduce even further. You have 4 years here and for what its worth I would hold out and stay.

But I can't blame you at all for be frustrated.

Has this place ever had any growth or anything positive happen since SF took over?

Yes, we had growth back in 2001 when we started getting the Dash 8-300's. We were suppose to get 16 Dash 8/300 but only got 11 after 9/11 happened.

Nice fleet of 63 planes 100/200/300's at Piedmont. Ever since 9/11 we have had nothing but reductions along with a bunch of hopes and dreams along with management lies.

Being a WO'ed of US Airways has definitely put a big hurt on this airline.

Latest resources

Back