Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Current list shows 484 pilots. 56 hired in 08. If you use 90 as the furlough number that would take you back to a 10/07 DOH.

well the 31 number came from a captain who will be downgraded in the first round. Apparently those were numbers being thrown around between mgmt and alpa. Since we will supposedly be down to 47 airplanes worth of flying come May, it seems like a reasonable number to me. Mgmt made it sound like they were making cuts that would be slightly harsher than initially required for the 4 planes, which might mean you'll get to fly with Hey Buddy because we will be understaffed a few days a month in the summer. SBY will be REALLY short reserve FO's in May! I fear what may happen with the realignment...

Seeing as how I'm right near the cutoff point (depending on which estimate/rumor is right), I'm really hoping that captain had incorrect information or that they've since lowered it some. Obviously, even if I did manage to hang on I'd probably get furloughed this fall, but I'd still prefer that to it happening now (and the extra time might give the economy a chance to bounce back, even though I think it doubtful based on my economic/political views). Have we given up hope on the over-60 retirement program ALPA was trying for?

Do you have any info on when we'll actually hear the final number of furloughs? I don't much care for the idea of having to watch my mailbox for a WARN letter to find out.

I agree though, I fear this realignment is going to be pretty messy regardless.

This F'in sucks. I am usually the positive one, but I can't find a single shred of good here at PDT now.

I hope we shred 'em in contract negotiations.

it may not be that bad of a time to negotiate. Airways is expecting good profits this year and it is sad about these 11 planes, but the other 44 are spoken for until 2014.

Latest resources

Back