Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT reduce fleet, furloughs in the future.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a great time to negotiate :-(

We are either going to exist or we aren't. What we get on our contract has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

If they want us to fly the airplanes, it is time they paid up. Pure and simple. Max pay to the last day!

Are you still in the left seat?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes, Left seat at Piedmont with nowhere to go! When is Delta Gonna start hiring again? I put my stuff in right when they slammed the door shut.

My buddy at UPS says there are gonna cut 300 pilots loose. He's about 500 from the bottom, so its time to start saving that nice money he's making now.

Last edited:
We are either going to exist or we aren't. What we get on our contract has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

If they want us to fly the airplanes, it is time they paid up. Pure and simple. Max pay to the last day!

Yes, and we are the lowest paid 50 seat drivers and still working under a concessionary contract!

Sad part is, we have so many senior folks that are just fat, dumb and happy. They don't want the boat rocked at all.

This will be a every fun filled year at Piedmont.

Good luck to all those that might find themselves without a job in the next few months.

Yes, and we are the lowest paid 50 seat drivers and still working under a concessionary contract!

Sad part is, we have so many senior folks that are just fat, dumb and happy. They don't want the boat rocked at all.

This will be a every fun filled year at Piedmont.

Good luck to all those that might find themselves without a job in the next few months.

Well... You are right about those fat dumb and happy folks. Plenty of peer pressure is in order!

We have to get people fired up. This is our one shot to reverse 7+ years of concessions.

Well... You are right about those fat dumb and happy folks. Plenty of peer pressure is in order!

We have to get people fired up. This is our one shot to reverse 7+ years of concessions.

Well, in this case, its obvious that "concessions" haven't saved a single job or brought a single airframe to the property. So what's the point? Concessions to save the company? About you, first, Steve?

Well, in this case, its obvious that "concessions" haven't saved a single job or brought a single airframe to the property. So what's the point? Concessions to save the company? About you, first, Steve?

It is indeed obvious. What you say is the absolute truth industry wide. Concessions do not make a company successful.

The Chief Pilot visited my CQ class today and said that we were going to have "roughly" 20 furloughs in May (didn't give an exact number, but when I pressed him he said that I "should be" safe as #28).

It also sounded like he had little hope for the other 7 aircraft this fall and that we'd be looking at close to 90 total furloughs after returning them (he was estimating in the mid-80s). He went out of his way to say that those were just his "guesses" for those later furloughs, based on that they try to man 4 crews per aircraft.

Latest resources

Back