Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8inMan

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Housing[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intern is responsible for own housing at both Milwaukee and out-stations. A crew house is available at no charge in Milwaukee during training.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cost[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Training & Check Ride is a one-time fee of $3,000.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Flight Experience is purchased in 100-hour blocks. Each block takes approximately 11 weeks to complete. The 1st block is $5,000 ($50 per flight hour), 2nd block is $4,500 ($45 per flight hour), and 3rd block is $4,000 ($40 per flight hour). Additional flight time over 300 is $40/hour. All amounts must be paid in advance.[/FONT]

LMFAO!!

they don't want much do they?

Do they make you pay for the fuel too?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intern is responsible for own housing at both Milwaukee and out-stations. A crew house is available at no charge in Milwaukee during training.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Training & Check Ride is a one-time fee of $3,000.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Flight Experience is purchased in 100-hour blocks. Each block takes approximately 11 weeks to complete. The 1st block is $5,000 ($50 per flight hour), 2nd block is $4,500 ($45 per flight hour), and 3rd block is $4,000 ($40 per flight hour). Additional flight time over 300 is $40/hour. All amounts must be paid in advance.[/FONT]

LMFAO!!

I can't believe that anyone would pay 13,500, + housing for the pleasure of Beech 99 SIC time. Is SIC even a required crew-member? That's not an internship, that's robbery.

Last edited:
Before you guys jump all over me, this program is not robbing anyone. If someone has the money to do this and wants to continue building time and experience, why not do it? There aren't many jobs to be had right now, especially for someone with low time. I realize the debate for or against PFT is older than dirt, but the simple truth is that experience is experience whether you pay for it all at once or "pay your dues" over a longer period. I got where I am today the hard way. However, I have former students who now hold better positions than me because they had the financial ability to pay for some experience. You are entitled to your opinion about the program, but nobody is being forced into it.

And what better place to share our opinion than a pilots forum? You are selling something, we as consumers have the right to inform and be informed. Personally I think there are better ways to invest my $10,000 than flying one hour a day sic time and lugging boxes.

LMFAO!!

Supplies......
Knee pads may be rented for $35/hr, and KY jelly is available from the company store at $75 per tube.

And what better place to share our opinion than a pilots forum? You are selling something, we as consumers have the right to inform and be informed. Personally I think there are better ways to invest my $10,000 than flying one hour a day sic time and lugging boxes.
Is 8inman selling anything? What does he have to gain? At AMF you get a whopping 5 bucks per flight hour to have a guy in your right seat.

I don't know 8inman, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and consider his intentions worthy. Folks get real sensitive about this PFT subject, but get real, no one is losing their job over this. No one is twisting your arm to do this, but if you're considering splitting time to build hours, I think this is an alternative you should consider.

I've got a friend that dispatches for a 135 company (and gets paid for it), but also flys right seat for free in that company's caravans and king airs. He's also a CFI in his spare time. Personally I wouldn't really like that not getting paid deal... But I was also fortunate (I guess?) to get paid pretty decently to sit right seat in a 135 king air when I had <1,000 TT. But I can understand my friend's situation, particularly with the current economy... He even called me to ask me about it, and I said that it's a good experience and probably a good idea to do it. I think it'll lead to better things for him later on.

Paying to sit there though? No way. I think it's demeaning, and if it were me I'd have such a bitter taste in my mouth about it that it would be counter-productive. A worthy employee needs to have a feeling of accomplishment. Flying a plane isn't an amusement park ride, it's a job. It's a pretty cool job most of the time, but during those non-cool times (and we all know there can be plenty of those moments) I think it's vital that we have that mindset of it being a job and therefore worthy of serious study, appropriate mental attitude, discipline, and work ethic. Paying to be there just takes a lot of that away IMO.

Latest resources

Back