• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part 135 First Officer Intern Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I had an extra 13 large lying around, paying to be an SIC would be the last thing I would want to do. That buys a lot of beer, cheese, beer & cheese, or 13 months at a decent nudie bar (if one exists in MKE).

So a guy like me who gets told I'm overqual'd for this position loses out while a rich kid...never mind. Back to your scheduled (or unscheduled) programming.

Logging PIC while sole manipulator on legs operated in accordance with Part 91 only? Yes, legal...but again, that's not the way this program is sold, and to explain to future employers that one has bought a job as SIC and logged PIC when one wasn't even entitled to log SIC under the provisions of the regulation is somewhat of a stretch.

Absolutely a stretch. Could not agree more.

But why only on 91 legs. Did I understand you correctly that a person could be trained and checked as SIC but could not log all cargo SIC time in a single pilot aircraft?

Here's a further question Avbug:

Would you oppose changing the regs so that SICs could be a required crewmember at the company's discretion?

Even though most of us agree that this time of time should not be logged, why does the FAA not put a stop to it? They advertise it in magazines for crying out loud.

Does anyone know of a situation where the FAA stopped this kind of program?

Last edited:
But why only on 91 legs. Did I understand you correctly that a person could be trained and checked as SIC but could not log all cargo SIC time in a single pilot aircraft?

Read the thread. This has been detailed for you step by step. There is no ambiguity in the posts providing this informaiton, and references are provided, along with links and citations.

Your question has been answered in detail. Apparently you lack both the time to needlessly repeat your question, and to read the thread.

A big "F U" 8in, thanks for screwing up our industry some more

Well said, sir.

....break....

Nice work avbug! Reminds me of a quote from Pulp Fiction "Check out the big brain on Brad"! Thank you for allowing us a view inside, too bad some people don't take advantage of it.

eP.

Quick story from back in the day (2003):

I was looking for a flying job after college. I had just over 1100 hours total time and about 100 mulit-engine. Most of my time was from flight instructing. I was just going from FBO to FBO looking for a job. I remember walking into one in Kansas City. The guy seemed excited that I walked in and let me know that he needed pilots. I then started asking questions about salary. He laughed. Then he told me that starting out as a first officer of a commander, I would pay him $20/hour. Then as a captain, I would make $20/hour. I was to be responsible for providing my own charts and there were no benefits. When I realized he was serious, I lost my temper and swore at him. It gets my blood boiling today just thinking about it. I was dead broke and looking for a job, and this scumbag was trying to get me to pay him to work for free.

I just called this place inquiring about the SIC program to see if you were paid for your services. Turns out its like $2500 for training an some checkride then its 35 an hour in the commander.

Latest resources

Back