• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slippery Mick said:
To believe we can solve problems of the Middle East is to imply we understand the problem, and most Americans can't even define what the problem is. Yet every hamburger-eating couch potato with a football analogy seems to have a solution. We can't even solve our own problems. People can't even get crak houses out of their own neighborhoods, yet they believe they can get terorists out of the Middle East.
If we can get them to watch NFL, NASCAR, wear Levi's, drink Coca-Cola, and download Jay-Z to their music phones, we may just have a chance to turn them into upright citizens.

Slippery Mick said:
My computer keeps deleting "terorist" so I had to deliberately mispell it for it to appear in the text:

Are you referring to the stellar job of founding a stable democracy in Iraq? Now that's arrogance - to believe your way of life is superior to and will be adopted by a foreign civilization.

American arrogance is rooted in ignorance. Perhaps if George Bush had actually educated himself on Islamic history and politics we would not be presently allowing terorists to fester in Iraq. In our simpleton President's mind, the solution was simple: depose Saddam and be treated as liberators. I guess he pictured himself on Iraqi coinage in the future, like Simon Bolivar in South America.

To believe we can solve problems of the Middle East is to imply we understand the problem, and most Americans can't even define what the problem is. Yet every hamburger-eating couch potato with a football analogy seems to have a solution. We can't even solve our own problems. People can't even get crak houses out of their own neighborhoods, yet they believe they can get terorists out of the Middle East.

Thanks for the verbal vomit. Yet, you are unable to deny the fact that all of our problems in the middle east are rooted in islamic hatred for Israel. Our security is directly tied to that of Israel. Those who would claim otherwise are not interested in the truth. Our president is not the issue. islamic fascists and their apologists at home are.

dashtrash said:
Our president is not the issue. islamic fascists and their apologists at home are.

Not a big Bush supporter but I agree with your comment 100%. 9/11 was well underway before Bush even got in office, those who would suggest we were attacked because of his policies are wholly uninformed.

If this guy was with IDE for 6 years, that puts his last background check prior to 9/11. Since, things have become more indepth.
Sounds like probably there was something.

roadrunnerblue said:
If this guy was with IDE for 6 years, that puts his last background check prior to 9/11. Since, things have become more indepth.
Sounds like probably there was something.

IF that is the case, then why was he allowed to fly your mom and dad (and thousands and thousands of other passengers) for all the years since 2001 ?

IF there really was something, then somebody (TSA) should have spoken up back in 2001. What good does it do now in 2006 ?

Here is my take on this.

This man had a conditional offer of employment from jetblue. Due to the length of thime it takes for everything to come back this is commonplace.

Mr Baig I am sure was excited while waiting and had mentally prepared himself to the fact that he had a new job. When the rejection came in I am sure that Faisal was more than distraught.

( I will add that there have been rejections in the past that were later corrected or substantiated leading to a firm offer of employment)

I feel that he probably jumped the gun and picked up the phone looking for a fight or challenging the hiring dept. From everything I have read Faisal is the one that threw out the " Are you telling me you are not hiring me because of my name or religion" not jetblue. While I am sure that there is a possibility that the response from VK may not have been to the liking to Faisal I feel that he really jumped the gun here and handled this incorrectly.

JB has one of the most diverse workforces of any company I have ever worked for and I really feel that this lawsuit will go nowhere and Faisal really did some long term damage to his career.

I will add that I really feel some of the responses on this thread are really ignorant. I know many muslims and they really are exceptional peace loving people and good friends.

Does said applicant have a green card or is he a naturalized citizen? If he holds a G/card there is a program known as the AFSP (Alien flight student program). It was implemented Sept of 2004. It is run by, you guessed it, the TSA! and if they say you can't go to training for any reason then you have an uphill battle on your hands. They do their own background check and determine your "threat" level. If they say "no go" then the company has no choice but to decline employment or delay the offer.

Last edited:
elag777 said:
Does said applicant have a green card or is he a naturalized citizen? If he holds a G/card there is a program known as the AFSP (Alien flight student program). It was implemented Sept of 2004. It is run by, you guessed it, the TSA! and if they say you can't go to training for any reason then you have an uphill battle on your hands. They do their own background check and determine your "threat" level. If they say "no go" then the company has no choice but to decline employment or delay the offer.

He's a naturalized US citizen.

Flyer1015 said:
He's a naturalized US citizen.
That means that as long as he's not a convicted felon, a wife beater, a druggie or living in a kommunistio state, he can own Title II Firearms, such as; machine guns, destructive devices (like in bombs! :eek: ), short barreled shotguns, short barreled rifles, silencers, and AOW's...which we all know are Any Other Weapons.

However, he can't fly the blue jet planes? Egad, what have we come to as a pilet nation?

amazing.

Nobody here has all of the details but many of you have all the answers.

If he wasn't hired, there was something in his background that kept him out. Just because he worked at a regional for 6 years doesn't mean squat. Ever hear of sleeper cells ??? DUH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back