• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShamH85 said:
There are many Arab-Americans in America that are doing that JackASS!\.........My relatives don't argue much against America besides the blind support for Israeli war crimes....

Real mature. If you call defending yourself against those bent on your destruction "war crimes" then so be it.

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?

Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?

Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.

Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?

Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.

Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

Private Joker: No, sir.

Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant poop on you.

Private Joker: Yes, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.

Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.

Pogue Colonel: The what?

Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?

Private Joker: Our side, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?

Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Iraqi, because inside every towel head there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.
llllll

dashtrash said:
Real mature. If you call defending yourself against those bent on your destruction "war crimes" then so be it.
I just didn't like being called out and ordered to do things just to justify myself as a Good American born muslim. The truth I don't mind what Israel is doing because I can see the greater good of democracy If spread correctly on the region. I wouldn't mind taking out Iran or Syria either and maybe even create a parliment and elected prime minister for the kingdom of Saudi of Arabia. But you can't stop the criticism from the older close minded people when they see dozens of dead children under the rubble on the news. I just hope we have a master plan for the region.

FlyBunny said:
According to your own admission, your mum, sister, wife (get it?) doesn't either. Make sure no women in your family vote as they are no WASP and don't have most of the rights accorded to makes.

Yes that is exactly the point in response to an individual that stated the Founding Fathers would be spinning in their graves over our failure to enact equal rights. My point of satire was to clearly show that the Founding Fathers were big on equal rights for one group, that group being the Founding Fathers. Our friend the Pakistani immigrant would be picking tobacco for Thomas Jefferson had he been around during the framing of the Consitution.

In regards to your second point I love flying so PM me and we can set sometime up, you have to buy the gas though.

AC560 said:
Yes that is exactly the point in response to an individual that stated the Founding Fathers would be spinning in their graves over our failure to enact equal rights. My point of satire was to clearly show that the Founding Fathers were big on equal rights for one group, that group being the Founding Fathers. Our friend the Pakistani immigrant would be picking tobacco for Thomas Jefferson had he been around during the framing of the Consitution.

In regards to your second point I love flying so PM me and we can set sometime up, you have to buy the gas though.

Using armies for tyranny

Historically, governments had misused standing armies in two ways, both of which ultimately subjected the citizenry to tyranny. One was to engage in faraway wars, which inevitably entailed enormous expenditures, enabling the government to place ever-increasing tax burdens on the people. Such wars also inevitably entailed “patriotic” calls for blind allegiance to the government so long as the war was being waged. Consider, for example, the immortal words of James Madison, who is commonly referred to as “the father of the Constitution”:
Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people.... [There is also an] inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and ... degeneracy of manners and of morals.... No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
The second way to use a standing army to impose tyranny was the direct one — the use of troops to establish order and obedience among the citizenry. Ordinarily, if a government has no huge standing army at its disposal, many people will choose to violate immoral laws that always come with a tyrannical regime; that is, they engage in what is commonly known as “civil disobedience” — the disobedience to immoral laws. But as the Chinese people discovered at Tiananmen Square, when the government has a standing army to enforce its will, civil disobedience becomes much more problematic.
Consider again the words of Madison:
A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence agst. foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.
The idea is that governments use their armies to produce the enemies, then scare the people with cries that the barbarians are at the gates, and then claim that war is necessary to put down the barbarians. With all this, needless to say, comes increased governmental power over the people.
iiiiii

Last edited:
I just hope we have a master plan for the region.

Ummm ... nuke their a$$ and take the gas? :erm:

Irishav8r said:
Faisal is a great guy. I had the privledge of flying with him at ACA right after 9/11 and I assure you that he was as devistated as anyone else at the time. I am deeply saddened by the response on this board regarding ethnicity or how he had training issues. This is all not even the point. The point is. His background check was complete. He had received all of the official,"Welcome to the family" e-mails and was ready to go to class the next day. He had turned down another job offer, who by the way was required to do all of the PRIA checks as well, and committed himself to Jblue. This to me isn't about Jblue as a company. I admire their product and have many friends over there and I know that the great majority of you guys are top notch. All I have to say is that Faisal is also Top Notch! If the roles were reversed, I can't say that I wouldn't have done exactly what Faisal is doing. Not to teach Jblue a lesson, but to stand up for his rights as an American Citizen. He would have done nothing but Raise the quality of people at the airline as his concerns have always focused on safety and his great personality and ability to establish lasting relationships with the people he works with. Unfortunately, for Jblues sake, this is the only forum (The Legal One) where Faisal can stand up for himself and people have to listen to his greivances.

I appreciate you standing up for your friend, however, you have some material facts incorrect. His background check was not complete. We give a conditional offer of employment. The condition being sucessful backgound check.

ShamH85 said:
I just didn't like being called out and ordered to do things just to justify myself as a Good American born muslim. The truth I don't mind what Israel is doing because I can see the greater good of democracy If spread correctly on the region. I wouldn't mind taking out Iran or Syria either and maybe even create a parliment and elected prime minister for the kingdom of Saudi of Arabia. But you can't stop the criticism from the older close minded people when they see dozens of dead children under the rubble on the news. I just hope we have a master plan for the region.

An insightful post. I think that the master plan for the region is under way. It's not perfect. However, it's much better than the plan on Sept. 10th 2001. Clinton did his best to bring peace to the middle east. Arafat did not want it. The results were a forgone conclusion. All of our problems in the middle east are rooted in islamic hatred for Israel. Our security is directly tied to that of Israel. Those who would claim otherwise are not interested in the truth.

FlyBunny said:
Seems like you've been watching too much FOX on Television.

See, you're exactly one of those who get their info from sources like this (or Limbaugh, Hannity, etc.) and run with it. If you had spent a 30 seconds and about 40 out of your 49 brain cells to read the news in print, you'd have figured out that he's been a citizen longer than perhaps you've been on this earth.

And that’s beside the point! Even if you’re not a citizen, but working in the US, you still have same rights under labor and discrimination laws.

Funny, the pilots think like that…like all Muslims are your enemies. But, when I look at Emirates, they (a very MUSLIM country) have no problem hiring non-Muslim pilots. Non of the expatriates in any Arab airlines are their citizens.
Now, little Johnny, run back to your mum and ask her to find a name of the US airline that’s actively hiring a non-citizen. Thanks you and share that info.
Assuming you’re a white, Caucasian, should you be discriminated because Hitler was a white, Caucasian? According to your own beliefs and principles, you should!

What HYPOCRIPTE!

Your reference to OBL highlights the level of intellect you posses. Go Boy, Go! Don’t forget to ask mama to read the papers while you spend time listening to news snippets.

you know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear.

Last edited:
dashtrash said:
I think that the master plan for the region is under way. It's not perfect.

My computer keeps deleting "terorist" so I had to deliberately mispell it for it to appear in the text:

Are you referring to the stellar job of founding a stable democracy in Iraq? Now that's arrogance - to believe your way of life is superior to and will be adopted by a foreign civilization.

American arrogance is rooted in ignorance. Perhaps if George Bush had actually educated himself on Islamic history and politics we would not be presently allowing terorists to fester in Iraq. In our simpleton President's mind, the solution was simple: depose Saddam and be treated as liberators. I guess he pictured himself on Iraqi coinage in the future, like Simon Bolivar in South America.

To believe we can solve problems of the Middle East is to imply we understand the problem, and most Americans can't even define what the problem is. Yet every hamburger-eating couch potato with a football analogy seems to have a solution. We can't even solve our own problems. People can't even get crak houses out of their own neighborhoods, yet they believe they can get terorists out of the Middle East.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back