• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
FlyBunny said:
But, when I look at Emirates, they (a very MUSLIM country) have no problem hiring non-Muslim pilots.

Because there are no Emirites needing the job.

Flyer1015 said:
Forget this "God's will" bullsh*t that has started !

I'm being for real. Just how do you propose for American muslims to "go over there and stop this mess." ??????

Join-up and see the world, become a part of the solution, don't sit there in your comfortable chair claiming ignorance of how to stop the evil. I was out there for 20 years, what have you done for your country today?

A350 said:
Ditto on my class at JB....I was in class for over a week with an offer of employment that was tied to the completion of my background check.

It kinda scared me at first.....but I knew my background was clean and that I had told them everything they needed to know.

If JB found something in his background that mattered, it mitigated the employment offer. Further, I know of at least two guys who were turned down and later hired when the background check was straightened out.

A350

I’m finding it hard to understand why you’re using the word ‘mitigated’? Did you mean ‘rescinded’?

And you say you’re hired by JetBlue. Wow!

I turn the rock, and there you are....

AC560 said:
Well in fairness the founding fathers were all for equal rights amongst WASP Males, Haji doesn't appear to meet the criteria.

According to your own admission, your mum, sister, wife (get it?) doesn't either. Make sure no women in your family vote as they are no WASP and don't have most of the rights accorded to makes.

Here's another pilot. I do hope one day you fly with me. I'm an expert in educating boys just like you.

10 pages in less than 14 hours. Is this a new record?

Perhaps you can rephrase your subject Heading

SWA/FO said:
Pakistani-born pilot sues JetBlue, claiming discrimination

A Pakistani-born pilot is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for discrimination, claiming the airline rescinded a job offer and told him it was because of his background.
Associated Press Last update: August 09, 2006 – 7:25 AM

Nation
NEW YORK — A Pakistani-born pilot is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for discrimination, claiming the airline rescinded a job offer and told him it was because of his background.

Faisal Baig, a U.S. citizen who was raised in Yonkers, claims in the suit that an airline manager told him in March that he was a "security risk.''

According to the suit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, Baig asked, "Are you saying that you are not hiring me because of my name or my religion? ... Are you saying you are not hiring me because of where I'm from?''

The manager answered, "Yes, and JetBlue considers you a security risk,'' according to the suit.

Baig claims he was offered the job in February and had already received a ticket to attend the airline's training school in Orlando, Fla. The 40-year-old, a Muslim, had previously flown for Independence Air for nearly six years.

"I was devastated,'' he said. "I've been living in this country since I was 7, and now somebody's telling me I'm not a good American.''

A message left for a spokesman for the New York-based airline was not immediately returned Wednesday.

Baig, whose suit seeks an unspecified amount of money, is now living in Raleigh, N.C., where he is continuing to look for work as a pilot.

:bawling: maybe his background check is messed up? I've seen this problem before....someone that does not make the grade and they claim "its because I'm ........"

Try:

"US Citizen Sues Airblue" or something like that...

good try though...you got half the nuts thinking he's not a US Citizen...good spin!

scoreboard said:
Join-up and see the world, become a part of the solution, don't sit there in your comfortable chair claiming ignorance of how to stop the evil.

Again, HOW ?!?! You clearly said Muslims here need to "go over there and stop this mess."

So i ask again, how ??? Let's start with they fly out to the Middle East, and now what?

You can't just wave a magic wand and have singing ponies solve the problem.

I was out there for 20 years,

You were in the armed services? Good to hear that, thanks for serving our country.

what have you done for your country today?

Honestly, all I've done today is refute posts here by those who sound like bigots.

You aren't, but one guy who said "muslims can burn in hell", people like him.

Other than that, during the day from 8:30am to 5pm, I worked at my engineering job for a defense contractor.

Flyer1015 said:
You can't just wave a magic wand and have singing ponies solve the problem.
Singing ponies would be way cool.

???????

pkober said:
All you guys who are so quick call some one a "hater". Here's a question.

1. Would you feel comfortable if 20 of your pax were 18 - 30 year old Arab Muslim men on your aircraft?

2. Would you feel comfortable when 10 of them stood up at once and moved in unison toward the front of the aircraft?

3. Would you just sit there and say "I'm going to be fair and give them the benefit of the doubt"?

If you answered "no" to 1 & 2 then that must make you a hatefilled person. If you answered "yes" then you don't understand the nature of the threat.

I don't know this guys real story but he's probably just got sour grapes.

CLAMBAKE

Strange connection you're trying to make. What does this has to do with Arab Muslim man? Faisal flew your mum and dad for over six years...hello...

But, to answer your post, about three months ago, I flew from Saudi on a Saudia to NYC...there were about ...well...not 10, not 20, but 100s of Arab Muslim man boarding that flight....then many of them stood near the galleys during flight to stretch...both business and first was filled with Arab man...and the crew was American...I'm sure you won't believe it because you're still drinking the cool aid Bush and Chaney has been feeding you...there are no less than 30 planes per day entering the US airspace that originate from Muslim countries and most of them don't even close their cockpit doors and tours to the cockpits are common...but, I will let you rest in your ignorant state as most of this nation has been since 9/11.

Enjoy your ignorence to the nth degree!

Good post FlyBunny.

As far as I can recall, don't Saudi B744 actually have a Muslim prayer section in the back somewhere ?

Edit: Form Saudi Arabian Airline's website:

Prayer Rooms

For Muslim passengers, a special area has been set aside for them to pray in peace and quiet. The facility features an electronic compass that shows the direction of the Holy City of Makkah as well as individual prayer mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back