Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess if we are stapling religions due to their ages, im glad I was born Hindu, We'll be above all of you ,except maybe the egyptians and what ever their religion was at that time.

Flyer1015 said:
It's hard to say. ANY english translation of the Qur'an needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But word for word, your translation above is not accurate.

So 3 different academic experts have gotten this translation entirely wrong? I can appreciate that nuances in translation (though shall not kill and though shall not murder from the Bible for example) exist. Clearly though Qur'an instructs followers that they cannot befriend Christians or Jews. The translations I offered are not from some right wing anti-Muslim website, it is from academics and there are three of them.

I think you need to accept the fact that your belief that Muslims can befriend Jews and Christians is not allowed in the religion. One can clearly choose to discount this belief from their personal practice but one cannot deny it is written in the book. I am open in the spirit of discussion because you are clearly an expert on this field to learn from you and again would ask you to translate the passage for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back