• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
GFunk20 said:
VABB, read the Quran before you freakin' have the nerves to say its an ideology of Islam.

You know darn well that people use religion as an excuse for their actions. They have for years and will continue doing so.

Should we profile all white christians cause of Timothy McVeigh and the KKK members? I dont think so.

If the story above is true, then JB screwed over this guy and deserves to pay out the penalty.

I have read it, and the quran clearly teaches conversion by the sword.

You mention Timothy McVeigh and the KKK. Fine, but neither one of them have ever stated that they were committing violence in the name of the Bible. In fact, Jesus very emphatically teaches NOT to use violence, so anyone who commits an act of violence and says they are following the Bible are actually contradicting it.

The same cannot be said for islam.

VABB said:
Did you sleep through 9/11?

Actually I flew a group of FEMA workers from Puerto Rico to Pennsylvania on the 11th. Pretty quiet flying that night. My wife worked in the towers until two weeks before the attack. I'm well aware of what happened.

I just don't agree with bashing the whole religion because of acts done by the misguided who choose to defame what is supposed to be a peaceful religion. I've spent time in Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain and Qatar. They're not all out to get us. Every race/relgion/country has it's share of scumbags.

Blue Dude said:
lunatic, violent fringe, or they remain silent knowing that the violent fringe . .

What the hell, man, I keep hearing songs while reading those words. Please don't use those together, now it's stuck in my head YOU BASTARD!!!!!!

Lunitic Fringe, I know your out there.....DAMNIT DAMN YOU

Next is the Violent Fems. Why can't I get just one BEEEPPP

ADD IT UP ADD IT UP

I hope it's stuck in your head now too. Take that.!!!!

Not what he is talking about ace, saying stop, and actually stepping up to the plate and making it stop are two very deadly differences. You will probably not see any part of the Islamic mainstream ever step up and take care of business. WHY? Gods will. Bullshiittee.

How can muslims in America "make it stop?" You think there is anything they can do to get bin Laden to give up? Hahaha.

Muslims in first world, developed countries, can only speak up against radicals/fanatics.

The REAL REAL problem lies in third world countries... THIS is where the violence/extremism/fanaticism is bred. If any of the "good" muslims do step up there, they will be squashed, persecuted, or maybe even hurt/killed by the extremists/fanaticists. Besides, in these thirld world countries, even the good muslims are poor, and dont have any power.

So when the numbers "look too high" you just say let's lower the percentage?

No, it was my mistake. 3% of 1.4 billion you said was about 42 million and I didn't realize it was that high.

Realistically, there aren't 42 million Islamic terrorists. Maybe a million, maybe 5 million at most, out of 1.4 billion.

I should have said couple million, and not couple percent of 1.4 billion. Wrong word choice.

Ah, but this topic wasn't centered around our service members now, was it? I believe the topic was islam and it's violence. Now, let's look at the facts one more time. In 2003, a muslim serving in the Air Force murdered his fellow airmen in the name islam. Correct????

I brought up that situation to illustrate that in dire times, the worst comes out in people. This incident you describe, is no different. It's not like this guy was destined from day one to go and kill American soldiers.

And what are the roots of their political agenda? Ah yes, the koran.

How about the US foreign policy in the middle east? The one-sided Israel support?

Politics play a huge role, you're sadly mistaken if you think the Quran is responsible for the mess in the Middle east today! Just look at our nations foreign policy and actions in the middle east going back in the last 40-60 years, and you will see.

Notice that the above countries listed are not world powers either.

China is a world power. But they are a communist nation, and for a while now, they've kept their nose out of the middle east. They dont seem to be having any Islamic terrorist problems! It's not a matter of being a world power or not.

It's a matter of we've screwed around in the middle east way too long (oil), and now we're suffering the consequences. Not China. Not Japan. We are.

Fins Up said:
Actually I flew a group of FEMA workers from Puerto Rico to Pennsylvania on the 11th. Pretty quiet flying that night. My wife worked in the towers until two weeks before the attack. I'm well aware of what happened.

I just don't agree with bashing the whole religion because of acts done by the misguided who choose to defame what is supposed to be a peaceful religion. I've spent time in Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain and Qatar. They're not all out to get us. Every race/relgion/country has it's share of scumbags.

Fins Up,

This goes a lot deeper than a few people defaming a whole religion. I'm not talking off the cuff, but rather as one who has studied this topic pretty deep.

Islam does claim to be peaceful. However, islam is peaceful only to other muslims. That is the catch. There are some good books on the shelves out there written by former muslims before they left that religion. These authors lived in muslim countries and were indoctrinated with a hateful and violent teaching towards anyone who is not muslim. I highly reccomend reading one or more of them, because they are real eye-openers.

And you are right, not all muslims are out to get non-muslims. However, these muslims tend to be very casual about their religion. It's not that the extremists are fanatics, it's that they are dedicated to studying the koran for what it is. The other muslims that don't partake in the violence are the Christian equivalent of "pew warmers".

VABB said:
Fins Up,

This goes a lot deeper than a few people defaming a whole religion. I'm not talking off the cuff, but rather as one who has studied this topic pretty deep.

Islam does claim to be peaceful. However, islam is peaceful only to other muslims. That is the catch. There are some good books on the shelves out there written by former muslims before they left that religion. These authors lived in muslim countries and were indoctrinated with a hateful and violent teaching towards anyone who is not muslim. I highly reccomend reading one or more of them, because they are real eye-openers.

And you are right, not all muslims are out to get non-muslims. However, these muslims tend to be very casual about their religion. It's not that the extremists are fanatics, it's that they are dedicated to studying the koran for what it is. The other muslims that don't partake in the violence are the Christian equivalent of "pew warmers".
Religion=bad Peace=good.

I have read it, and the quran clearly teaches conversion by the sword.

I'm gonna raise the :bs: BS flag on this one!

You read the Quran? Do you read Arabic?

I'm assuming you read the english translation.

And if there is one thing I've noticed, is that every english translation I came across varied from the one before.

In the english tranlsation, there is no "clearly" for conversion by the sword.

Anyone who reads the english translation of the Quran and says that they can "clearly" see that the book is teaching conversion by the sword, is full of it.

Yes, I've read the english translation.

And conversion by sword?

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the WORLD. No sword spreading involved with that today.

Look at the numbers, even in America. The #1 religion being "converted into" is Islam.

Flyer1015 said:

And if there is one thing I've noticed, is that every english translation I came across varied from the one before.

In the english tranlsation, there is no "clearly" for conversion by the sword.

Anyone who reads the english translation of the Quran and says that they can "clearly" see that the book is teaching conversion by the sword, is full of it.

Yes, I've read the english translation.

And conversion by sword?

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the WORLD. No sword spreading involved with that today.

Look at the numbers, even in America. The #1 religion being "converted into" is Islam.

Actually, someone who speaks both Arabic and English translated it. Not only that, but this person grew up in a Middle Eastern (Egypt) country. Very interesting.

And conversion by sword?

I have a challenge for you. Why don't you go to Saudi Arabia, Sudan, or Iran and try to lure someone AWAY from Islam? Better yet, try to convert them to Christianity. Islamic law says that the penalty is death. Sure sounds like the sword to me.

Notice that countries that leave the rest of the world alone, like, Brazil, Argentina, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Chile, etc. don't have any terrorist problems

Sounds like quite the defeatist, cowardly and indicative of appeasement, that if we just sit back and do not ever do anything, the terrorists will like us. You are blaming America for international Islamists conducting terrorist acts. The above listed examples are most definitely rooted in religion. To say those are terrorist acts and not of any basis in religion is a bit ignorant, since the idea of seperating religion and politics and a mostly religious one. AQ certainly acts in the name of Islam, not in the name of politics. The train blasts in Mumbai and other places in India, definitely are centered around religion too.

Actually yes some of those listed countries do have problems. Swedes are not welcome in parts of Sweden now, that are turned into Islamic enclaves. You seem to have forgotten an act of Terrorist in Argentina, sponsored by Iran.

To just be a cowardly dhimmi, never standing up for priniciples and allies, in a time where there are violent ideologists intent on killing dirty kaffir infidels, thats no time to cower in a corner, hoping that someone else will be a bigger target.

Actually, someone who speaks both Arabic and English translated it.

Obviously you have to be able to speak both Arabic and English to translate it in the first place. Thanks, Mr. Obvious.

Not only that, but this person grew up in a Middle Eastern (Egypt) country. Very interesting.

Even more interesting... Egypt is not a Middle Eastern country. It's an African country.

Try looking at a globe. Remember that large round ball that was in your elementary school social studies class? Yup, that's the one ;)

Sounds like quite the defeatist, cowardly and indicative of appeasement, that if we just sit back and do not ever do anything, the terrorists will like us.

You missed my point.

The point is that no other country than the USA has been more involved with hte middle east in the bad way, our foreign policy has been crappy in that whole area.

But hey, we got cheap gas as a result !!! Fuel prices were like a buck a gallon, while the rest of Europe and South America paid anywhere from $4 to $6 American dollars, while we were paying $1.

The Royal Family of Saudi Arabia and the Bush administration... explore that relationship.

The bottom line is that we the USA, have helped shaped the problems that is now the middle east. And we have MANY blemishes on our record, like the Iran contra affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back