• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishav8r said:
Its called "Equal opportunity employment"
Well, you know what they say, "If a woman can do it, it's not a man's job!"

da90drivr said:
who was the other employer that he turned down?

I'm sorry, but I won't say here. Which could mean to you that I am a liar or that I respect Faisal enough to know that he wouldn't appreciate me saying.

JetFumes said:
Faisal may have had a problem in training in the rj at ACA, Indy. So did a lot of people who now work at JB. This guy is a stand up guy who has been in this country for 33 years. I don't know all of the details but I think what JB did was wrong.

He had problems during the kinder gentler-era at Indy. Not the Sam and Mac show of years past. What was Sam's last name?????

IB6 UB9 said:
Am I missing something here? Where has it been established that JetBlue didn't hire him because of his race? For every person that gets denied employment there is someone that claims "He would have done nothing but Raise the quality of people at the airline as his concerns have always focused on safety and his great personality and ability to establish lasting relationships with the people he works with". To all of you who worked with this guy that support him, I am sure you have good reason. That doesn't mean he was denied employment because of his race.

Please understand Sir/Mam, I am not bashing Jblue. I just think that there has been a very serious mistake here. Someone at Jblue said things to him via e-mail and telephone that has led him to this course; for no other reason to hold someone accountable and to clear his very good name. I completely understand that this is a public forum and I cannot control the postings of individuals saying offensive things but I am not going to not defend my friend. The facts will either come out or they won't but I believe in him and what he has personally told me regarding this and I will leave it at that....Respectfully...

Irishav8r said:
I support him and his claim. I just don't like the blind racist B.S. posted on here. I understand that America's enemy right now are radical, muslim extremist, but he is not one of them. The courts will sort it out as should be the case. Its called "Equal opportunity employment" Otherwise it may as well be Manzanar....

I know Faisal as well, and only mentioned the training issues because it showed me that Faisal see the world through different glasses. I would never argue for not hiring him based on his race or religion. Nor would I do so on te basis of a single training issue. Having said that, I suspect that something in this story is not complete. I could speculate on what it is but I don't know.

Indy refugee said:
He had problems during the kinder gentler-era at Indy. Not the Sam and Mac show of years past. What was Sam's last name?????

I don't quite understand the relevence....... Is this to suggest a pattern of behavior? If so why didn't he file a lawsuit against Indy? I just think this is much bigger than a pissing contest from the Training department at IA...Besides I flew with him there. There was not a great deal of what I would say,"Bad Pilots" but even those I can think of, he is certainly not one of them.

Indy refugee said:
I know Faisal as well, and only mentioned the training issues because it showed me that Faisal see the world through different glasses. I would never argue for not hiring him based on his race or religion. Nor would I do so on te basis of a single training issue. Having said that, I suspect that something in this story is not complete. I could speculate on what it is but I don't know.

I understand, enough said.

Sir Humpalot said:
I was born a muslim.......As stated previously, our bias support of Israel has to stop.
quote]

You just showed your hand. It's 1933 all over again. My friend....Israel is the only free nation in the middle east. It's not perfect. But it's OUR (yours and mine) friend. It's interesting to note that Israel could wipe out every country around them. They choose not to. Yet, every muslim around them would not hesitate to nuke them off the planet if they could.

You bet I'm biased!

brainhurts said:
Hey Sir Humpalot.
I have some ideas for you and Flyer 1014 or other Muslims who want to help.
1. Organize yourselves and go to the CIA/FBI and demand that they take you as "reserve interperters".
2. Organize a non religious muslim group (I know I know) that states its purpose is to seperate the religion, and work on the problems in the Islamic world. You could name it "Were Muslim Americans that are unsure of what to do but lets get together to stop this bull$hit group". Denounce Osama and list the Mad Mullas that should not be followed.
-- Make one of your requirements to stop pointing out how much America sucks. We know we have problems but we are tired of you complaining about policies that "your" ex country men have forced us to take. Good or bad, we are between a rock and a hard place and whatever we do will have negative consequences.
3. Argue with your relatives when they show the slightest sympathy for terrorists.
4. Make the Israel question a political question, not a religious question.
5. Forget the Crusades. Lets call it a tie--not a do over.

Anyone can feel free to add more. Make them real because most of the muslims on this thread seem engaged.

There are many Arab-Americans in America that are doing that JackASS! The FBI/CIA pay healthy bonuses for translators and many American muslims do help on investigations on shady characters since this is our country and home also. My relatives don't argue much against America besides the blind support for Israeli war crimes...
Try Arab American Professionals Network or the American Arab Chamber of Commerce or Muslims for America they would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back