• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outsourcing alert... UAL/Aer Lingus!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they probably have more resumes than they know what to do with...so truly the title is correct, so long jobs

You think? Read again!

* FAA - ATPL with current A330 rating or JAA - ATPL with current A330 rating*.

*Please note: In the event that we do not receive sufficient applicants with the required A330 rating, we will accept applications from First Officers who hold a current EU/JAA licence with an A320 rating and a minimum of 1000 hours on type.

How many pilots out there meet just those qualifications? UAL, NWA, Frontier, Jetblue etc. fly A320 but I doubt there'll be more than a handful pilots that have an A320 JAA type rating!

A330 - NWA and USAir, and I doubt their pilots leave their jobs for this. There are much better A330 jobs out there in Asia!

Last edited:
I really did hear that thanks to the DOT, who MEL the requirements for two pilots, this will be the first ever single pilot FAR Part I Don't Know Operations based in the United States and that rumor seems to hold much water since they are only looking for FOs.

The Irish: "American Captains! You are not worth the paper you wipe with. Irish captain are superior and should rightfully inherit their place in the cockpit of any Aerlingus aircraft".

Hey "pilotyip"! Bet you didn't see that one coming in your defeatest little brain. AND you "REZ"! It was the lack of leadership in ALPA that "deep six" any chance of a finely tuned grass root effort to address this issue last summer when the old fart from Continental took the high road.

Lets see if the American aviators have what it takes. Instead of blasting the comments here on FI, I like the previous idea of posting your thoughts to the recruitment web site. Any takers?

I guarantee that unlike in Europe, they are no US pilots (minus the few expat out there) out of work that are current and qualified on the A330 but the story is different for the ton of A320 types pulling weekly unemployment checks. The JAA requirement is just that. To prevent them from getting EU jobs. A foreign company comes into town to hire but can’t fine qualified applicants domestically so they petition to import the jobs from elsewhere. Better known as "Sponsorship", a practice permitted within the labor and immigrations laws of the land. Years ago it was commonly used to hire from domestic helpers and farm laborers, to scientist and engineers, then expanded to nurses and the IT types. Now it's our turn and that’s where UAL comes in. So our government couldn't see beyond first row of trees on this one. Open Skies my a$$.

I am not sure I completely understand you. The 320 candidates must have a JAA A320 type and hold a US citizenship (or Green Card). I don't think there are a lot of pilots out there that meet this requirement. Additionally, I think A330 pay in Euroland is higher than in the US.

Just my $.02

I am not sure I completely understand you. The 320 candidates must have a JAA A320 type and hold a US citizenship (or Green Card). I don't think there are a lot of pilots out there that meet this requirement. Additionally, I think A330 pay in Euroland is higher than in the US.

Just my $.02

Exactly my point if you were to read through the entire post (yeah! I know it long). It's not about pay but about PROTECTIONISM, which is very much alive but not addressed by the people you vote for every election, and who continue to approve all these new alliances and code shares. A JAA A320 rating is required to FILTER out Americans with FAA certificates. In addition, where are the Captains coming from but the ranks of Aerlingus pilots. I haven't seen a recruitment drive to fill those positions.

The idea of posting FO openings is simply to show that they are "attempting" to recruit Americans. Now understanding that you will be rejected, and regardless of your desire to work or not work with this outfit, the potential fuel that a bunch of rejection letters will provide those of us trying to fire up the movement to address this disease would be helpful.

Is this going to be a US or EU AOC? Anyway, I'm sure there are 330 drivers overseas that would like to get out of the sandpit. They will have no problem recruiting, and if ALPA permits it, that's their own damn fault.

So what exactly would it take for ALPA to start thinking about SOS...AerLingus management demanding prima nocta with the teenage daughters of UA pilots?

Oh, I forgot...with Randy Babbitt and John Prater, we're going to start "taking back this profession."

What a sick joke. Well, at least we can finally stick a fork in this profession.

Rez and PCL- this is the backdoor deal non- communication lack of leadership from alpa that a lot have been talking about.

IF ALPA's doing anything about this- now is the time to post it.

Latest resources

Back