• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outsourcing alert... UAL/Aer Lingus!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep reading...its says if they don't get enough scumbags...I mean applicants with A330 time, they would accept A320 time if you have 1000 hours in type.

The A320 type is ONLY good if it's on a EU/JAA ATPL my friend. No job for you with your FAA certficate. Apparently the FAA ATPL with A320 type is not good enough. It also give the advantage to EU pilots with US Passports. Now it's that an insult to US pilots...

The A320 type is ONLY good if it's on a EU/JAA ATPL my friend. No job for you with your FAA certficate. Apparently the FAA ATPL with A320 type is not good enough. It also give the advantage to EU pilots with US Passports. Now it's that an insult to US pilots...

I guess I should have kept reading, myself!! I did see that after I posted it. What a mess!

Last edited:
Yup.......texas dung........this is the type of flying that undermines everyone. I hate to see it but perhaps it is time AerLingus implodes.

Do you have 1000 ? ( JK of course. )

Your previous statement mirrors my thoughts exactly...To even consider applying for these positions, while technically, would not put you in the "S" word category...I'm not sure you could get much closer without being one.

Granted, there is no Strike, and that will be many a "pilot genius" response and justification to apply and work there.

"Well, this is just like the Republic guys taking Midwest jobs." - WRONG.

The Republic guys and gals went to work for a company ( Republic ) that, at a later date, purchased another company (Midwest ) and then phased out those employees.

In this instance, the employees of United and Aerlingus are being phased out, prior to and specifically for, being replaced by newer, lesser paid, employees.

YKGMAFB

This is exactly like Gojet. Furloughed United pilots are going to Gojet. There will be more than enough pilots applying for these jobs. You know it and I know it. There will be no repercussions for the pilots that go to this new airline other than some web board bashing.

This is exactly like Gojet. Furloughed United pilots are going to Gojet. There will be more than enough pilots applying for these jobs. You know it and I know it. There will be no repercussions for the pilots that go to this new airline other than some web board bashing.

I haven't seen any emails from the MEC or the Furlough Coordinator endorsing filling out an application. I do see lots of parallels between the Jets for Jobs flying and this operation. The only difference is that AerLingus is furloughing pilots at the same time.

Last I heard, there were also 20 unfilled A320 FO Vacancies at IAD. Did United already figure out they furloughed too many?

I haven't seen any emails from the MEC or the Furlough Coordinator endorsing filling out an application. I do see lots of parallels between the Jets for Jobs flying and this operation. The only difference is that AerLingus is furloughing pilots at the same time.

Last I heard, there were also 20 unfilled A320 FO Vacancies at IAD. Did United already figure out they furloughed too many?

Sad thing is - we haven't heard any response from our MEC to this obvious threat. Just one more lowball, underhanded attempt to destroy what's left of our careers.

I was born and raised in Northern Ireland and I'm a US citizen. I'm typed on the A320, with considerable time operating it, and I wouldn't contemplate applying for this position. My E190 has its issues but I'll stick with it.

It's just a damned good that they are requiring 1000 on type with that EASA/JAA 320 type or they would be flooded with applications from 200 hour wonder-pilots with frozen ATPLs.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any EU carrier that has made pilots redundant that operated A320s or A330s....can anyone else think of one? Thomas Cook, XL, and these other places all operated Boeings, didn't they?

Latest resources

Back