• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outsourcing alert... UAL/Aer Lingus!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly like Gojet. Furloughed United pilots are going to Gojet. There will be more than enough pilots applying for these jobs. You know it and I know it. There will be no repercussions for the pilots that go to this new airline other than some web board bashing.

This isn't just like Gojet for jobs! The differences are night and day. Yes they share the common theme of outsourcing but two things stand out here. First, this is “operated in conjunction with…” the ATI privileges our government granted to the code share alliance (read STAR Alliance) and second, these are premium, wide body airlift jobs that going to Aer Lingus and other EU unemployed pilots. Not to the rank and file American FAA pilots. Hence the need for all US pilots to come together on this vacuum cleaner.

I guarantee that unlike in Europe, they are no US pilots (minus the few expat out there) out of work that are current and qualified on the A330 but the story is different for the ton of A320 types pulling weekly unemployment checks. The JAA requirement is just that. To prevent them from getting EU jobs. A foreign company comes into town to hire but can’t fine qualified applicants domestically so they petition to import the jobs from elsewhere. Better known as "Sponsorship", a practice permitted within the labor and immigrations laws of the land. Years ago it was commonly used to hire from domestic helpers and farm laborers, to scientist and engineers, then expanded to nurses and the IT types. Now it's our turn and that’s where UAL comes in. So our government couldn't see beyond first row of trees on this one. Open Skies my a$$.

Even worse, us pilots can’t fight a common fight without becoming loyalist. Its was ALPA National with Frater (Continental Airlines) at the wheel and Continental MEC (think his name is Jay Pierce) who selfishly sold out the UALMEC’s movement to include job protections provisions in the UAL/CAL Anti Trust Immunity application last summer. Well if that isn’t something to really piss you off….

Maybe A320 types should all apply just to get the rejection letter (based on the job requirements) them collect them all and send the pile to the DOT, DOL, DOJ, your respective legislators, FAA, and ALPA National to witness history firsthand. Here is the website: http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/Services/usa10.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1262950765.1260157472@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadejdeiddlfcefecfigdffgdfkg.0&P_OID=0&Category=3So.

So regarding Gojet? That’s your future vaporizing right before your eyes.

What is the pay at this new airline and how does it compare to UAL's and AerLingus?

This is a time for all airline pilots to stand together and picket outside the terminal and at the gate on the first day of operations! If alpa doesn't do this then you know what they are worth.

Last edited:
As far as UAL is short pilots, from what I can determine from e-mails is the parking of all guppies and going to buses and RJ's ain't working like it was supposed to, imagine that. I guess the bus at UAL isn't that "efficient".

What are the consequences for going to this airline? Are they the same as going to Freedom A? What about Go Jets? Are the consequences the same?

No consequence is my point. Some people on flight info will type rude stuff about you. If you are concerned about that then don’t log on and read it. Otherwise expect no consequences.

What is ALPA going to do to protect ALPA jobs? Nothing again. Just go ahead and apply and we will a type bad stuff about you here. I know that will scare any rational person who is in the unemployment line into not applying.

I am not qualified but I think I will apply and then send Prater an Email letting him know how excited I am about the prospect of not having to pay ALPA dues if they hire me.

1. The ad is a hoax. When the real advert emerges, I will apply.

2. IAD has vacancies that will be filled with other domicile surpluses.

I don't think the ad was a hoax. I went to AerLingus' career section and it was there. The link to the application didn't work. (out of curiosity I tried to look at it).

Drat the bad luck. I'm 6'4". Guess I can't get the gig. I thought airline cockpits were HUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE!

Latest resources

Back